Sweet music

poz

I have discovered something amazing....

Listening to music whilst flying makes your engine work better. It's now sooo much quieter, and I would swear it's smoother too, with less vibration.

It's incredible what a little Floyd can do :)

My set up is a pair of Optime III, some quality m/cycle speakers http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BASSMONSTER-HELMET-HEADSET-SPEAKERS-ARAI-SHOEI-iPod-MP3-/260797127207?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3cb8b85a27

A neat little Bluetooth adaptor: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004VFG1DU/ref=asc_df_B004VFG1DU5912699?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B004VFG1DU

What do you listen to whilst you're flying?

Happy New Year, hopefully with lots of airtime :)

Dan

Hi Dan

I know there are a lot of people out there that listen to music whilst flying but it scares me not to be able to listen out for any danger!

I know the paramotor would probably drown out anything flying nearby but I like to think I may just hear it.

The same thing when I am on the motorbike since I nearly got 'taken out' by a police car because I couldn't hear the siren! (not many police cars in the air though).

Happy new year

Eddie

It's a bit like having music in your car. You can still hear (and feel) the engine and more importantly any change to the engine tone, but without doubt, once you get used to it, it's sooo much more pleasurable with music.

However, I never have music switched on until I'm comfortably high enough and settled and I switch it off well in time for landing. Also, if I need to concentrate especially hard on something (turbulance, flying close to....anything or anyone, photography etc), then the music becomes more of a distraction than a pleasure, so off it goes.

Interestingly, for me the choice of music can influence my flight experience. For example if I'm listening to Enya the flight seems to be much more soothing and relaxing, whereas if I have The Clash playing it seems more of an adrenaline experience. In this respect I can, to some degree, tailor my flights to my mood :D

Hi everyone! I listen to Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, U2, Loreena McKennitt, ELP, Vangelis, Dave Gilmour and more. On my setup, the radio (airband), overrides the iPod. The engine, is always heard in the background, no matter what. It works well for me. Whatever your choice, enjoy your flying and try your very best, to stay safe.

coming from microlighting I used to like listening to .......Afis, air traffic control,and other such stuff :shock:

then when I started to paramotor I started to listen to other stuff such as Rad, Pap and Simonini...that was ok .....but always the same

then my life changed

A mate persuaded me to try flying with his Ipod so I did............ (I didnt even listen to music on the ground)

so it was a venture into the unknown :o:o

Ive never looked back I have on a few times took off in tricky conditions and then landed straight away because I had forgotten to take my ipod......I now find its impossible for me to fly without MUSIC

so be warned if you try it be prepared for it to change the whole experience....of flying 8)8)

of course listening to I believe I can fly before you take off in a shifty wind day can sometimes piss you off :wink::wink:

coming from microlighting I used to like listening to .......Afis, air traffic control,and other such stuff :shock:

then when I started to paramotor I started to listen to other stuff such as Rad, Pap and Simonini...that was ok .....but always the same

then my life changed

A mate persuaded me to try flying with his Ipod so I did............ (I didnt even listen to music on the ground)

so it was a venture into the unknown :o:o

Ive never looked back I have on a few times took off in tricky conditions and then landed straight away because I had forgotten to take my ipod......I now find its impossible for me to fly without MUSIC

so be warned if you try it be prepared for it to change the whole experience....of flying 8)8)

of course listening to I believe I can fly before you take off in a shifty wind day can sometimes piss you off :wink::wink:

I made a severe mistake the yesterday....I took off forgetting my music, and foolishly, I thought I could fly without it.

After 15 minutes it was hell, but I pushed on anyway.

Won't do it again. I can seriously say that it reduced my enjoyment by roughly 39.2%