Any comp pilots on here advice needed!!!!

morgy

Hi

I am thinking about entering a comp or two in 2012, i have been playing around

with some low level flying and would like to hone some of my skill's around a

proper set out course. I do not have to opportunity to set out any type of

course at my local site so i had had to make do with naturally set out courses

IE hay stacks and bushes. NOT IDEAL!!

I am after some info on task's (how many are set per comp) How are the task's

determined is it just down to Weather conditions or do they have to have

different set of task for each comp weekend?

I know your not allowed to change wing's during the comp. But can you have a

smaller wing if all the task's are speed task's during a weekend comp then use a

larger wing if the next comp is set for economy or do you have to use the same

wing for the whole years comp flying?

Equipment... Is there any special equipment i would need to take with me? I have

seen in some photos some people with spinning map holders are these home made?

Any other advice would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Mark

Thanks Enzo

Only to ask about dates......

Thanks for the offer clive!! might take you up on it in the new year when i get back from canada.

I am thinking about sorting out a weekend at hambrook so i can practice with the slalom's etc when i get back. But i need to speak to the owner about noise and to see if we have had any complaints yet.... OR sort out a field to put some sticks in to practice with....

Are you thinking about competing Clive? you might need a more agile wing :wink:

Thanks Enzo

Thanks for the offer clive!! might take you up on it in the new year when i get back from canada.

I am thinking about sorting out a weekend at hambrook so i can practice with the slalom's etc when i get back. But i need to speak to the owner about noise and to see if we have had any complaints yet.... OR sort out a field to put some sticks in to practice with....

Hopefully picking up a nucleon early next year, if not the old synth will do to cut my teeth..

Definitely want to get into comps and it would be good to train with someone . Try and beat each others time and see where we are going wrong. Our field in barling should be ok for setting up some sticks, but at the moment im not even sure who owns it..

Thanks pete

I have been on there web site and have read the rules and task's. I just wondered if i could get some info from session pilots.

I have just had a call from Michel Carnet so most of my questions have been answered..... But would still welcome any hint's and tip's from anyone who has them to give!!! :lol:

Thanks Enzo

Hopefully picking up a nucleon early next year, if not the old synth will do to cut my teeth..

Definitely want to get into comps and it would be good to train with someone . Try and beat each others time and see where we are going wrong. Our field in barling should be ok for setting up some sticks, but at the moment im not even sure who owns it..

You will have to come and have a fly down here then, have you flown the Nucleon yet?? I can see a weekend stick kicking session coming on!!!!