Heated Gloves.

Steve

Last winter I had a few times where I couldn't undo my harness after landing as my hands were so agonisingly frozen and I promised myself I would avoid that this year. I have held off buying a new pair of gloves until now and was going for the Gin Alpine WInter Gloves as recommended by Simon and Pete a while ago. However, one thing which has always been in the back of my mind is heated gloves - I had a pair years ago and they were rubbish but I have read a few good things about Blazewear gloves, specifically these: http://shop.flybubble.co.uk/blazewear-p ... rts-gloves

They don't have an unweildy battery compartment which makes them better than earlier models. They also seem to have a good burn time, especially with the Lithium-polymer battery pack option. I've spoken with the manufacturer and they are imported from China but to their own design/spec.

Has anyone used these for flying and if so were they any good? The safe bet is probably the Gin gloves but just wanted some opinions beforehand. Cheers.

Ive got the Blazewear ones.....(my opinion) ...........I reckon they are great of course you loose a lot of the feel for the lines and throttle on take off but once you are up and away they are brilliant I went for the throw away battery type because i didnt know how good they would be....so the warm time is around 2hrs which is good enough for me....even without the heat turned on they are quite a warm glove....So Ive awarded them :lol::lol: 5 stars

I have just got a pair of them... There Great I can't say i lost any feeling from the lines etc but there nice and warm. But to be fair it's not that cold yet and i have not really had them on for long before i had to turn them off.

Time will tell how well they work in the winter.

• 2 weeks later...
Ive got the Blazewear ones.....(my opinion) ...........I reckon they are great of course you loose a lot of the feel for the lines and throttle on take off but once you are up and away they are brilliant I went for the throw away battery type because i didnt know how good they would be....so the warm time is around 2hrs which is good enough for me....even without the heat turned on they are quite a warm glove....So Ive awarded them :lol::lol: 5 stars

Cheers Gary. Do you loose more feel than with a regular winter glove like the Gin?

I have just got a pair of them... There Great I can't say i lost any feeling from the lines etc but there nice and warm. But to be fair it's not that cold yet and i have not really had them on for long before i had to turn them off.

Time will tell how well they work in the winter.

Did you have to turn them off because they were ... too warm :o ?

I've got to get a pair of something before the weather improves (for flying) and am torn between the Blazewear and Gin Alpine, the agony of choice (plus never having seen either in the flesh).

I did have to turn them off as it was to warm.... But it was not that cold... Not like now!! I do think they will be good for the winter but how good??? They are much cheaper than the fly products glove and allot less bulky and no wires...

Never tried the gin gloves...