fly mecc v bulldog

andy1977

As Clive suggests, forget about the motor for now... do your training and have a look around. It is also fair to say that there are not many BAD motors out there now...

They have all come on a long way in the last 10 years.

SW :D

WOW :shock::shock::shock: Am i reading this right..... Simon not promoting ParaJet over everything else!!!! :shock::shock: Whats going on??????

I can Name a Bad motor at the moment POSS two!!!..... BUT i won't..

now come on Morgy, play nice or the toys will go back in the box :D

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pete

I found that they just got me off the deck and the climb there after was marginal to the point where I thought it was unkind to the engine. Both the Polini and Ros 125 had more power in the tests I conducted.

Perspective buyers should make their own minds up buy trying as it may have enough power for their needs. Just didn't tick my boxes.

Clive and Pete b,

First of all thanks for your reply Clive, Pete b Clive states that it struggled for want of a better word with a pilot of 95kg now Clive does say he had the sky engine not the Paramotor so i don't know what set up he had when he was testing the engines and also Pete I have not stated anything about the bulldog as I have never flown one, the only Bulldog that I have seen is Paul Kilburns and he must weigh 9 stone sopping wet.

But back to your point does it struggle with climb rate or on the speedbar neither of you know that because neither of you have flown an actual Flymecc Carbon or have you?

With out sounding arsey when the original poster put this thread on he asked for opinions and facts re read what I have written I did not tell him to buy a Flymecc or a Bulldog I just gave facts regarding my machine, so when I saw Clives comments regarding his experience with an engine I had to comment.

All debate is good debate, so to recap for the poster these are the facts regarding the Flymecc ; I weigh all up 110kgs I have flown this year just over 100 hours on my machine at heights up to 6500' I fly with the two piece carbon prop and my machine does not struggle although it has not got the climb rate of my previous machine a Parajet Macro

Clive and Pete b,

First of all thanks for your reply Clive, Pete b Clive states that it struggled for want of a better word with a pilot of 95kg now Clive does say he had the sky engine not the Paramotor so i don't know what set up he had when he was testing the engines and also Pete I have not stated anything about the bulldog as I have never flown one, the only Bulldog that I have seen is Paul Kilburns and he must weigh 9 stone sopping wet.

But back to your point does it struggle with climb rate or on the speedbar neither of you know that because neither of you have flown an actual Flymecc Carbon or have you?

With out sounding arsey when the original poster put this thread on he asked for opinions and facts re read what I have written I did not tell him to buy a Flymecc or a Bulldog I just gave facts regarding my machine, so when I saw Clives comments regarding his experience with an engine I had to comment.

All debate is good debate, so to recap for the poster these are the facts regarding the Flymecc ; I weigh all up 110kgs I have flown this year just over 100 hours on my machine at heights up to 6500' I fly with the two piece carbon prop and my machine does not struggle although it has not got the climb rate of my previous machine a Parajet Macro

Hi Alan

What Make and size wing do you fly with and where abouts in the weight range are you?

What is your climb rate?

The only reason I ask is that a lot of pilots now are flying light on their wings to get a better climb rate, economy, and to go on bar with out having to scream the motor.

And as we all know the lighter a wing is loaded the more it is susceptible to collapse in turbulent weather (ie not dangerous)

Set up would make very little difference to thrust a motor is producing.

I have seen all the differing motors at Clives unit that he has tried in his quest to get a lightish motor with good thrust and that is also reliable.

How many other paramotor manufacturers are using this engine?

Quite a few are now using the Polini and Moster due to their thrust/weight/reliability.

I suppose what Im asking is if its so good why arent the motors in ,more machines

They have got the water cooled system right as this is very much better than air cooled for sure.

Pete

Clive and Pete b,

Hi Alan

What Make and size wing do you fly with and where abouts in the weight range are you?

What is your climb rate?

The only reason I ask is that a lot of pilots now are flying light on their wings to get a better climb rate, economy, and to go on bar with out having to scream the motor.

And as we all know the lighter a wing is loaded the more it is susceptible to collapse in turbulent weather (ie not dangerous)

Set up would make very little difference to thrust a motor is producing.

I have seen all the differing motors at Clives unit that he has tried in his quest to get a lightish motor with good thrust and that is also reliable.

How many other paramotor manufacturers are using this engine?

Quite a few are now using the Polini and Moster due to their thrust/weight/reliability.

I suppose what Im asking is if its so good why arent the motors in ,more machines

They have got the water cooled system right as this is very much better than air cooled for sure.

Pete

the reason the motors arnt in any other paramotors is because enrico will not let them be put into other motors. as he already has a winning package he does not want anyone pimping off his hard work

i actually squirted a little wee out when i read about the flymecc not having anough power to climb !!!!!

come on !

heres a little sum for you

me = 109 kg naked

my gear = extra large reserve 6kg

my instruments = 4 kg

my flying suit and gear 7kg

my helmet (large lol) 2kg

my headset 2kg

total 130kg

now heres the good bit

MY TRIKE ATTACHMENT 9kg

grand total 139 kg

and thats without the weight of the motor

and i have no problem with climb rate or altitude

if fact this saturday i got a personal best of 10030 feet and videoed it ! {on a jojo instinct wing and foot launched)

here i am on the my flymecc + trike flying my dakota sport wing (which is badged 140kg max load) so defo not light on it :D

[youtubevideo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lx94ghXocQ[/youtubevideo]

doesnt look to be "struggling" much does it mate ?

a bit naughty you putting the flymecc down like that with out even having flown one ! :o

fly one, then pass comment.

thats what i normally do :)

the motor is mega reliable and looks sooooo good

but dont take my word for it come down and have a go i havent got anything to hide, have you ?

i posted earlier that i know some one that went had a look at a bull dog and also a flymecc, when he spoke to the bulldog dealer to say he was going to look at a flymecc the dealer stated exactly the same thing as you. in that he had been over to italy and the flymecc wouldnt lift him off the ground ! funny that :shock: i remember thinking to my self thats a bit naughty :(

i put these worrys to bed straight away, been a fat bloke i just simply clipped my flymecc on my back and showed the guy just how well the mecc climbed out

also you compare to the pap ros

i had a pap ros the same time as owning the flymecc and in know way did i feel the power was more than the mecc, if anything the mecc felt more refined than the ros. more linear with the power delivery and far more easy to start

not mentioning any names

but at our fly in somebody put a bulldog on there back and did a thrust test

then clipped a flymecc carbon pro on and did the same

turns out flymecc felt a little more powerful !

another thing i know, that if you rang paul from yorkshire paramotors and asked him about the bull dog he wouldnt start putting it down just to try get a sale as hes a good guy and there aint many of them about, the real deal, he would simply tell the customer to contact there nearest bulldog dealer and ask them what they were like or for them to request a test flight on one if poss

i got an idea :idea:

lets do a thrust test just to put this to bed what do ya say ?

i know i get 59-60kgs out of mine for defo

but i will openly use anyone else's test rig to prove

let me know

marko

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Hello Pete,

I fly a Fusion 29 that has a maximum weight of 160kg i weigh 97kg naked add the clothing reserve instruments etc it will take me to 110kgs easily, the wing weighs 9kg and the Flymecc weighs 25kg empty.

This puts me at 144kgs with no fuel or oil add on 12 litres of mix and i will be around the 153kgs at take off.

Even without the fuel i am over the size of the 26 Fusion and i frequently free fly the wing at around 120 kg, the specified freeflying weight is 105kg.

You have met me before at your flyin i was flying the blue Parajet and fusion wing and i came in my camper van at the Forrest of Dean i think, so you can put a face to the poster.

All in all pete i dont think i am flying light on my wing cheers Alan.

cheers Alan.

Hello Pete,

I fly a Fusion 29 that has a maximum weight of 160kg i weigh 97kg naked add the clothing reserve instruments etc it will take me to 110kgs easily, the wing weighs 9kg and the Flymecc weighs 25kg empty.

This puts me at 144kgs with no fuel or oil add on 12 litres of mix and i will be around the 153kgs at take off.

Even without the fuel i am over the size of the 26 Fusion and i frequently free fly the wing at around 120 kg, the specified freeflying weight is 105kg.

You have met me before at your flyin i was flying the blue Parajet and fusion wing and i came in my camper van at the Forrest of Dean i think, so you can put a face to the poster.

All in all pete i dont think i am flying light on my wing cheers Alan.

cheers Alan.

Yep remember you well :shock::lol:

Will have to try and get up your way some time next year and have blatt around up there :)

“the reason the motors arnt in any other paramotors is because enrico will not let them be put into other motors. As he already has a winning package he does not want anyone pimping off his hard work”

http://www.skyengines.com/en-us/?chiave ... ns-engines

Marko seems the Sky 100 engine is fitted to plenty of other machines (ten or more), so your first bit of wrong misleading information.

“A bit naughty you putting the flymecc down like that with out even having flown one!”

Never claimed I had flown a Flymecc other than owning two machines that had the Sky 100 engines fitted to them. First being a Fly Castelluccio (which was later exchanged for a Simonini) and then a Kobra Venom when I was the UK dealer. Like both of those models haven’t put them down either. Only commented on the engine performance! But to be fair by your own words you started the whole comparison thing without ever flying a Bulldog!

“But don’t take my word for it come down and have a go i havent got anything to hide, have you ?”

If I get the opportunity to have a go then I will gladly take you up on that offer to understand the difference between the engines I’ve flown (which where all three bladed versions), as I must confess your ass does look bigger than mine and it seems to be getting you off the ground.

Your second bit of misleading information came from stating you weren’t flying the quad in the UK, when I can see clearly the runway markings of Hull Aero Club in the background! I know it may seem petty but are you normally in the habit of misleading people and telling them what you want them to hear?

You (including your counter parts) jumped onto this thread way before me with your stark comparisons without making clear your vested interest in Flymecc and the club/school you run.

From the outset I have not mentioned Flymecc, I advised the poster to get training first unlike your biased barrage of comparisons. I’ve also advised pilots to fly the products they are interested in and make their own conclusions to what they want without bias from others with hidden agendas, as stated in my original post and clearly showing that I am from Bulldog Paramotors.

Quote “Andy.

The age-old question to which is the best machine? Well the truthfully answer is that it all depends on who's field you are stood on!

There is commercial bias, loyalties to schools/dealers and information from pilots with either low hours or limited experience of flying/owning other brands.

My advice to anyone new is to first focus on getting good training. Use the school kit to start with, as this will take the pressure off and allow you to concentrate on the most important aspect of our sport, learning to fly safely.

Clive

www.bulldogparamotors.co.uk

So if you want to continue with the Bullshit and turn this thread into a product war then carry on by yourself, as Im not interested and have better things to invest my time in.

Safe Flying.

Regards

Clive

Bulldog Paramotors

“the reason the motors arnt in any other paramotors is because enrico will not let them be put into other motors. As he already has a winning package he does not want anyone pimping off his hard work”

http://www.skyengines.com/en-us/?chiave ... ns-engines

Marko seems the Sky 100 engine is fitted to plenty of other machines (ten or more), so your first bit of wrong misleading information.

“A bit naughty you putting the flymecc down like that with out even having flown one!”

Never claimed I had flown a Flymecc other than owning two machines that had the Sky 100 engines fitted to them. First being a Fly Castelluccio (which was later exchanged for a Simonini) and then a Kobra Venom when I was the UK dealer. Like both of those models haven’t put them down either. Only commented on the engine performance! But to be fair by your own words you started the whole comparison thing without ever flying a Bulldog!

“But don’t take my word for it come down and have a go i havent got anything to hide, have you ?”

If I get the opportunity to have a go then I will gladly take you up on that offer to understand the difference between the engines I’ve flown (which where all three bladed versions), as I must confess your ass does look bigger than mine and it seems to be getting you off the ground.

Your second bit of misleading information came from stating you weren’t flying the quad in the UK, when I can see clearly the runway markings of Hull Aero Club in the background! I know it may seem petty but are you normally in the habit of misleading people and telling them what you want them to hear?

You (including your counter parts) jumped onto this thread way before me with your stark comparisons without making clear your vested interest in Flymecc and the club/school you run.

From the outset I have not mentioned Flymecc, I advised the poster to get training first unlike your biased barrage of comparisons. I’ve also advised pilots to fly the products they are interested in and make their own conclusions to what they want without bias from others with hidden agendas, as stated in my original post and clearly showing that I am from Bulldog Paramotors.

Quote “Andy.

The age-old question to which is the best machine? Well the truthfully answer is that it all depends on who's field you are stood on!

There is commercial bias, loyalties to schools/dealers and information from pilots with either low hours or limited experience of flying/owning other brands.

My advice to anyone new is to first focus on getting good training. Use the school kit to start with, as this will take the pressure off and allow you to concentrate on the most important aspect of our sport, learning to fly safely.

Clive

http://www.bulldogparamotors.co.uk

So if you want to continue with the Bullshit and turn this thread into a product war then carry on by yourself, as Im not interested and have better things to invest my time in.

Safe Flying.

Regards

Clive

Bulldog Paramotors

you should work for the police or my missus as shes always trying to catch me out too :D

no need to revert to profanity's mate "bullshit"

its simple,

you build and sell bulldogs therefore there the best thing since sliced bread and better than any other paramotor on the planet :D

were as i fly flymecc which as i said before is a great machine ! i didnt say said your bulldog wouldn't pick me up ff the ground or fly a reflex wing, and i would love to try one out to see what there like if anybody has one near me.

re hull aero club

yep you got me there ! ddoww

of course im at hull aero club it dont take a genius to work that one out with all the videos on there, i was simply joking when i said i wasnt there.

please dont dob me into the caa :(

would you be up for the thrust test thing ? i would, winner supplies a beer for all attending :D

come on clive smile lifes too short :D

marko