andy1977

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

flymecc !

170hrs on mine now without any probs baring an exhaust gasket at around 110hrs {my own fault for not re tightening the silencer nuts at 100hr service} but flymecc sent me one straight out no problem anyway :lol:

flymecc's not only better looking but more powerful compacts down smaller for transport and just keeps on going and going and going !

not dissing the english products though :oops:

but have a look at the bull dog then have a look at the flymecc, "simples !"

you can even have a look at mine if you are any were near.

that goes for anyone who would like a go on it, just to put a few careless whispers to bed

unsure what warranty the bull dog has guys ? one or two years ?

i know the mecc carry's a 2 year no qwibles warranty on frame and engine

has anyone flow a mecc yet to compair to the bull dog ?

i know someone that did and he bought a flymecc :)

can send you his email if you want to have a word with him

cheers

marko

Bought one or two paramotor's over the past years and have to say the Bulldog is good, very good well made Paramotor its strong and has plenty of little extra's well thought out motor. Do i fly one no, I fly a EC Extreme which i would reccomend a look at before you buy any machine, In fact i would reccomend you at least try them on your back at least or fly them if you can. Both EC and the Bulldog have demo's available to fly both are great machines and have pro's and con's and it is down to personal requirements and taste. Either Moster powered or Polini both are very much super motor's i fly the Moster and find it a fantastic light, powerful & relaible have friends who have the Polini and pretty much the same feed back, but as many will tell you go and try before you buy.

Neilzy

Hello all,

I don't know anything about the Bulldog so I can only comment on my Flymecc which has proved itself to be ultra reliable.

As I have previosly said my last motor was a Parajet macro which I was also very impressed with but between the two I replaced a few parts on the Macro costing a fair few pounds where as the Flymecc has had nothing but the service parts spent on it a radiator on warranty and a split hose getting the old one off.

All in all the Flymecc has now flown more hours than the Parajet and apart from the hose and service bits it has cost me nothing.

In summary the Flymecc is an outstanding Paramotor and I can not wait to test fly the 200cc version. Ps test fly them it's the best way to decide

Hello all,

I don't know anything about the Bulldog so I can only comment on my Flymecc which has proved itself to be ultra reliable.

As I have previosly said my last motor was a Parajet macro which I was also very impressed with but between the two I replaced a few parts on the Macro costing a fair few pounds where as the Flymecc has had nothing but the service parts spent on it a radiator on warranty and a split hose getting the old one off.

All in all the Flymecc has now flown more hours than the Parajet and apart from the hose and service bits it has cost me nothing.

In summary the Flymecc is an outstanding Paramotor and I can not wait to test fly the 200cc version. Ps test fly them it's the best way to decide

paul at yorkshire paramotors has a test flymecc to try in leeds :D

Are you a dealer for fly mecc markco????? every post you put up is the same :wink:

You sound like me with Baileys....

Why not look at the V5

Hello morgy,

I had the v5 on my back yesterday really light and felt great what sort of fuel burn rate do you get I get 3 hours on 12 litres on average with my Flymecc, Paul Bailey was saying 2.5 litres as an average going as low as 2.

As most of my flights are 60 to 80 miles long and up to 3 hours long that sort of fuel burn rate would be great.

Endurance and reliability are a prerequisite for me and it would have to be something along the lines of the v5 to make me consider parting with my lovely Flymecc.

I hope to get down to some of the down south fly inns next year so I would be interested in how you are getting on with your V5 and you can check out my super little Flymecc cheers Alan.

Hi Alan

I am just about to sell my V3.. I have a V5 on order. There is a guy at our field (Kev) he is getting 2.5LTR's per hour on a synth!!!! I get 2.5 from my fusion on full trims and around 3ltr's on full bar. I am in the middle/top end of my 26 fusion and will go down on full bar @ about 100/200fpm.

I am thinking about a 28 speedster i hope to be getting low 2's with that and go up on full bar and full throttle.

Your more than welcome to come down to hambrook and fly my Bailey when ever you like...

Andy.

The age-old question to which is the best machine? Well the truthfully answer is that it all depends on who's field you are stood on!

There is commercial bias, loyalties to schools/dealers and information from pilots with either low hours or limited experience of flying/owning other brands.

My advice to anyone new is to first focus on getting good training. Use the school kit to start with, as this will take the pressure off and allow you to concentrate on the most important aspect of our sport, learning to fly safely.

Clive

www.bulldogparamotors.co.uk

2nd to that....

It is also the case that no one can answer the question, which is the best car to buy for £20k ??

It's very much a personal thing. I have students who want something as simple as can be (the actually want basic) which I can see 100% sense in.

There are others who have to have the very latest, most expensive, most gadgets... and so on....

As Clive suggests, forget about the motor for now... do your training and have a look around. It is also fair to say that there are not many BAD motors out there now...

They have all come on a long way in the last 10 years.

SW :D

Hi Alan

I am just about to sell my V3.. I have a V5 on order. There is a guy at our field (Kev) he is getting 2.5LTR's per hour on a synth!!!! I get 2.5 from my fusion on full trims and around 3ltr's on full bar. I am in the middle/top end of my 26 fusion and will go down on full bar @ about 100/200fpm.

I am thinking about a 28 speedster i hope to be getting low 2's with that and go up on full bar and full throttle.

Your more than welcome to come down to hambrook and fly my Bailey when ever you like...

Cheers for that Morgy :D

2nd to that....

It is also the case that no one can answer the question, which is the best car to buy for £20k ??

It's very much a personal thing. I have students who want something as simple as can be (the actually want basic) which I can see 100% sense in.

There are others who have to have the very latest, most expensive, most gadgets... and so on....

As Clive suggests, forget about the motor for now... do your training and have a look around. It is also fair to say that there are not many BAD motors out there now...

yes true but that is not what the question was, he asked wich people thought was the better of the two choices :D

Ourcast your reply is of course a true one based on Andy’s original question.

I loved the idea of a water-cooled engine and have had two sky 100 engines for test, as I was considering putting it into our Bulldog. Sadly they didn’t have the claimed power and would only just fly me, where as the Polini was a different story. This is based on pilot weight of 95-100kg flying modern reflex wings.

Apart from the above I actually like the idea of the Paramotor design, but wouldn't consider it a machine that will take any abuse with regards to structural strength. I've been to the factory and meet with Enreco who is a talented man when it comes to CNC and getting things to production.

But to answer the original question. I would say the Bulldog is far stronger in frame design. Possibly easer and cheaper to repair if needed. More novel pilot friendly useful ideas.

I will hope to post a series of short videos later today showing some of the ideas in more detail.

No doubt other Bulldog Spirit owners will share the views as well.

WOW :shock::shock::shock: Am i reading this right..... Simon not promoting ParaJet over everything else!!!! :shock::shock: Whats going on??????

I can Name a Bad motor at the moment POSS two!!!..... BUT i won't..

I loved the idea of a water-cooled engine and have had two sky 100 engines for test, as I was considering putting it into our Bulldog. Sadly they didn’t have the claimed power and would only just fly me, where as the Polini was a different story. This is based on pilot weight of 95-100kg flying modern reflex wings.

Apart from the above I actually like the idea of the Paramotor design, but wouldn't consider it a machine that will take any abuse with regards to structural strength. I've been to the factory and meet with Enreco who is a talented man when it comes to CNC and getting things to production.

But to answer the original question. I would say the Bulldog is far stronger in frame design. Possibly easer and cheaper to repair if needed. More novel pilot friendly useful ideas.

I will hope to post a series of short videos later today showing some of the ideas in more detail.

Hello Skybound i have no doubt that the bulldog frame is more rigid than the Flymecc carbon frame but your claim that they will not fly or have not got the power to fly a 100kg person on a reflex wing is wrong.

The chap i bought my paramotor from went over to Flymeccs factory to test fly one and became the UK dealer my main concern about giving up my Parajet was will the Flymecc be powerful enough.

He weighs in excess of 100kgs naked and brought back a video of him flying it on a Dudek reaction i think if you go on youtube the video is on there.

I weigh 97kg naked couple that with my flying gear a large reserve and a Fusion wing i will be at 110kg easily.

here is a video of me flying the Flymecc cheers Alan.

[http][/http]

I am rubbish at getting the video to work sorry heres the link

Hi Clive just to clarify

Do you mean that the Sky engine would get you off the ground ok but was minimal on spare power ie slow climb rate and no climb on full bar?

Pete

Hello Skybound i have no doubt that the bulldog frame is more rigid than the Flymecc carbon frame but your claim that they will not fly or have not got the power to fly a 100kg person on a reflex wing is wrong.

The chap i bought my paramotor from went over to Flymeccs factory to test fly one and became the UK dealer my main concern about giving up my Parajet was will the Flymecc be powerful enough.

He weighs in excess of 100kgs naked and brought back a video of him flying it on a Dudek reaction i think if you go on youtube the video is on there.

I weigh 97kg naked couple that with my flying gear a large reserve and a Fusion wing i will be at 110kg easily.

here is a video of me flying the Flymecc cheers Alan.

[http][/http]

I am rubbish at getting the video to work sorry heres the link

The Bull dog is very well thought out,

The way the cage breaks down so small (quick and easy).

Quick and easy net tensioning.

Quick release fuel tanks in their own carry bag with shoulder strap.

The way it feels so comfortable and light on your back due to the way the harness attaches to the frame.

Right or left hand throttle ( changes in about 20 seconds)

I have a special which weighs in at 31 kilos with no fuel but I can walk around all day with it on as its just so comfortable

If Carling made paramotors!!!! :D