Revo 2 not slow!

Its hard to comment to be fair dude...

My only suggestion at the moment (looking at how the wing came up) is that there was not a 7mph wind.

The landing looked good, and typical of a very low wind landing on just about any reflex wing to me.

SW :D

My only suggestion at the moment (looking at how the wing came up) is that there was not a 7mph wind.

The landing looked good, and typical of a very low wind landing on just about any reflex wing to me.

No, not a 7mph wind, about 4knots. The sort of perfect forward launch wind speed.

I guess that this sought of fast landing just takes more feel to keep level with the ground, and know when to flare fully.

The problem has been that I have just been too inexperienced to have that feel in varying conditions to achieve any consistency, but I am slowly getting there.

When I watch the other guys on slower non-reflex wings, they do seem to come in a fair bit slower which for the inexperienced gives them a little more thinking time.

If I may offer a tip to any of the newer pilots experiencing this problem with the Revo2 or, I guess any other reflex wing: Try not to be tempted to land with trims at full slow, because in my experience, you still seem to come in fast, but have less oomph when you come to flare. A little bit of trim offers you more thinking time whilst still having the energy for that final full flare to actually have the desired effect of removing the last bit of ground speed.

Revo2 in the middle size to 120kgs, gets A ratings on the EN landing and min speed (less than 25kph) tests. So, it must mean the wing is either being flown well over certified weight, wind changed direction slightly at that point, trimmers not quite adjusted perfectly, or (dare I say it) lines may be slightly out of 'true' length. Worth checking anyway.

Richard

138kg on a 23 metre revo 2, only ever landed on neutral trim or out 1 when a bit more windy,I did not think it landed any faster than my old sting powerplay even though I am higher in the wieght range on the revo than the sting, what I did find is it comes in much steeper, wich I found makes for picking a spot easier. :D

SORRY I dont know where i got that 6knotts from looked at it again and saw 4knotts..... don't think the coffee had kicked in!!!

Nice landing anyway.....