Am I asking too much?

poz

I already have a Icaro Fly paramotoring helmet with optime III headphones for noise reduction, which has been great. However, my needs have now changed and I am looking for a new helmet.

This is what I want:

1. Helmet with visor

2. Optime III noise protection.

3. Able to connect to my Alinco radio.

4. Able to connect to my iPhone for phone calls and music.

5. High quality ear speakers for listening to music. :)

6. Noise filtering microphone.

7. Nice looking (carbon effect)

Does anyone know if all this is possible?

I have sent this wish list to Icaro, but they haven't got back to me :(

Cheers

Dan

I already have a Icaro Fly paramotoring helmet with optime III headphones for noise reduction, which has been great. However, my needs have now changed and I am looking for a new helmet.

This is what I want:

1. Helmet with visor

Cheers

Dan

I think you will have to build your own!!

• 4 months later...
The Icaro TZ as in the above post from Tom looks great. If I could find a way to get my iPhone to work with it, it would be just what I want.

Anyone managed this, or similar.

Did you ever manage to get this going?

I have was looking for the same thing here's what I ended up with

Icaro TZ

no head set

Microavionics

1. Headset MP001a

2. Bluethooth mm06

Mp003 to connect the headset to BT

3. Radio connect mm014DD

4. Mp004 for standard ipod, galaxy

Works nice, music is great. Once the head set is on I can not hear the person talking beside me. I will test the BT vs the standard MP004 connector for quality loss.

covers everything!

The Icaro TZ as in the above post from Tom looks great. If I could find a way to get my iPhone to work with it, it would be just what I want.

Icaro TZ

no head set

Microavionics

1. Headset MP001a

2. Bluethooth mm06

3. Radio connect mm014DD

Works nice, music is great. Once the head set is on I can not hear the person talking beside me. I will test the BT vs the standard MP004 connector for quality loss.

covers everything!

I came to more or less the same conclusion and was about to splash out on a Icaro/MA combo, but then something broke on the car and took away my new helmet money :(, then since then it's just been one thing after another.

So the upshot is that helmet upgrade is on hold for the time being.

Thanks for letting me know your setup, and most impotantly that it works and sounds good :)

Cheers

Dan

This is what I want:

1. Helmet with visor

Cheers

Dan

Hi,

I have Icaro TZ model and I think it comes pretty close to that. The only difference is Opt. II instead of III (but I think you can easily ask for that), as for connectors, you have to choose the type you want when you order the helmet and for iphone I think it can be easy fit with some sort of adapters that you buy separately or, if you have any simple DIY ability, you just replace the radio cable with anything that suits you.

Plus the helmet is darn sexy ;)

http://www.icaro2000.com/Products/Helme ... n-01-L.jpg

Icaro TZ

no head set

Microavionics

1. Headset MP001a

2. Bluethooth mm06

3. Radio connect mm014DD

covers everything!

Can I just ask, have you used your set up to make or recieve a phone call using an iphone? If you have, can you hear and be heard clearly?

I'd be willing to sacrifice a bit a sound quality (music) to lose the wires.

• 2 months later...

I just finished setting mine up. Here's the gist:

Same Icaro helmet with MA headset with adapter for VXA-220.

I got the MP005 for cell and MP3. But instead of using it for that, I:

-rewired the red connector to work with a standard FRS radio (Garmin Rino 120)

-removed blue MP3 cable and replaced with 4-conductor cable to use with iPhone/Droid

Currently, it works pretty well. I haven't made a call from the air to really test it yet, but I will tomorrow. The only problem is that I had to use the same microphone pin for the cell and radio. Thus, I have to use the Garmin on VOX because if I press the PTT button, it grounds the mic pin, which performs all of the following functions on a cell phone: call/end call and play/pause music. The VOX alleviates that, though.

What would make it PERFECT is if I can get the pinout for a MP002 (2nd radio) connector so I know which pin to use for a second mic. Anybody seeing this have an MP002 "Second Radio Lead"? I could really use some information from it!

But, just to state how much I like and how awesome the MA headset is, with the current setup, I can be listening to music or on a phone call while simultaneously communicating with my buddy on his 2-way radio and monitoring CTAF in my area on the airband. It's pretty BAMF. Especially since the airband takes priority and mutes the other inputs when receiving air traffic.

Anybody seeing this have an MP002 "Second Radio Lead"? I could really use some information from it!

I don't have one but have spoken with someone who has.

I believe this lead only allows audio from the second radio into the interface/headset.

As told to me there would be the problem of how to select which radio to key into transmit, so the second radio has to be used with its own PTT and mic.

Sorry this isn't going to help much,

Cheers, Alan

Thanks for the reply, Alan. I'll keep my hopes up that the headset has another Mic out. Now I wish I had got the MP005A instead of the MP005!

And just to update my last post:

Made a call with a Droid 2 (uses same as connector as iPhone) and it works great! I could hear them crystal clear. I made 3 calls and each said they could hear me quite well, but they could hear my wind/motor noise any time I wasn't talking. The Pandora was quite enjoyable, too.