Banner ads.

All,

you may have noticed that we are now displaying banner ads from Amazon. If you can recommend a book or DVD or any other related item from Amazon please give me the title and I will add the banner. :-)

I want to keep it relevant so that people who choose to buy the books and or DVD's are happy with it.

There is also a longer banner which will show from time to time. It is a BETA version from Amazon who claim it will learn what people on this forum want and start to display related adverts in 3 days! I will give it a week, if it's poo I will remove it.

All of the books that show at the moment, are ones that I have and can recommend to all

It could also end up a good place to point the misses coming up to Xmas and all. 8)

SW :D

Errrrm... you want me to purchase an app for £1.99 thats about as reliable as a chocolate tea cup.. so I can see the banners? Me thinks I'll give it a miss.

I suppose some peeps might have a use for cloud browse if they want to browse lots of flash content. If they do though an iPad shouldn't be the first choice for a tablet or slate device.

I'll put up with the white space and if I can't contain my curiosity I'll go switch on my PC :lol:

Errrrm... you want me to purchase an app for £1.99 thats about as reliable as a chocolate tea cup.. so I can see the banners? Me thinks I'll give it a miss.

I suppose some peeps might have a use for cloud browse if they want to browse lots of flash content. If they do though an iPad shouldn't be the first choice for a tablet or slate device.

I'll put up with the white space and if I can't contain my curiosity I'll go switch on my PC :lol:

Clearly I was not suggesting that!!

I was just trying to help you out with a link to the app for future use.

I am very sorry that you will have to resort to turning the PC on. :cry:

Hi Simon,

Thought you might like to know that for those of us that use iPads to browse this forum all we see is a white space.

That's because the banner uses Adobe Flash and iPads (Apple) don't like flash content. :|

Cheers,

Darren.

Works fine on my new Samsung Galaxy S2!

Not missing my old iPhone 3GS at all :D