tues/ flying?

jock

news and met say 7-8mph 2morro might be be a flying window.im out if there is.........

Hi Jock , what time you thinking ?

Hi if wind is 7-8mph 2morro i shall be at powick around 1030-11am.will check wind in morning you can ring or text me on 07963718675 in morning if it looks ok/

Sounds good if you dont mind me joining..

I havnt a clue where the field is , i know powick but not that well so could do with directions if pos.

Thanks

Carl

Carl off at juc 7 m5 head towards worcester 1st roundabout go left signed malvern,over next 2 roundabouts, 3rd roundabout go left signed malvern 50yrds is white building which is indain curry house pull into the car park behind curry house cromwells.thats the feild.if you go past petrol station you have gone to far turn round and go back around powick rounabout.i will be there around 10-1030 ring if you have any problems cheers.were are you comming from,

Could be quite wet under foot in the field as the cold front passes through (the field doesn't drain that well), expecting a little rain mid morning and clearing up PM, possibly a bit windy (gusts to 15mph) with some thermic activity (RASP 300ft/min midday). I have to see my farmer early on, but hoping to get down there before lunchtime.

Richard

4 ppgs at powick me,carl.mike.richard.boomming clouds.we all t/o very rough in places and going up wasnt a problem.i will let the others tell about hairy climb rates.we landed, thought about going up again,til a big black cloud give us a wash.but not a bad day ...........pics vid later.......

Bouncy, Bouncy, Bouncy.

Max ave 'up' on the first flight was 5.8 m/s....... five 360's over Upton from 400ft and I was at base at 2,650ft in less than 3 minutes.... A WOW for this this time of year!

Second flight, after the 'boomers' and rain passed was a more sedate pootle down the Severn with Mike, enjoying the scenery.

Was nice to meet Carl and 'Two Trees' Shaun.

I'm just worrying now about my inferiority, not having a 'posh' looking paramotor.....

Richard

(sorry, no pics today)

Nice pics Mike didnt realise you had a go pro on.

That was the bumpiest flight i've had so far.

Thanks for the advice you all gave me you never stop learning and im hoping to fly with you again as soon as its flyable.

Any chance you could put the other two take off videos on Jock ?

Carl

will do carl.it took me hrs to get that one uploaded,will get sean to sent other vid of you.

Thanks Jock - apreciated.

You took your speed bar attachment off yet ? Still dont explain the fact i couldnt flip the flap up on my macro. Maybe i should loosen the straps and tighten them in flight ?

Carl

Yes redone speed bar today.looking for pg wing so i can land slower.ive loosen my straps as well.should do the trick.

A bit off topic.

But here I am "ridge soaring" for almost 2 hours at the IOW, on my Paramania Fusion Paramotor Wing!

Mike :mrgreen:

Nice one mike nothing like a bit of free flying,the fusion look good.very nice top landing,,you will have no problem flying the malverns,