Hambrook Site - Location \ Rules and Access

bholleran

This post is a summary of the the following, Location, Rules and access control to the Hambrooksite site.

ALL PILOTS WITHOUT EXCEPTION (INCLUDING VISITING PILOTS) WHO INTEND TO ATTEND THE HAMBROOK SITE MUST BE FAMILIAR WITH THIS POST. IF YOU ARE BRINGING THEM TO THE SITE MAKE SURE THEY ARE BRIEFED.

Access to the site:

We have no direct access to the site as it is fenced all the way round and can only be accessed through a single locked gate. We have to arrange for the gate to be unlocked in advance, Charlie the person who unlocks the gate lives on site and requires notice to unlock it for us. This means that if we turn up and notice has not been given we WILL be seen and it will be reported back to the landowner and may mean losing the site. We do not want this to happen, we also need to be reasonable about the times we can contact him and the amount of notice given.

Access can be arranged through EITHER:

Mark Morgan: 07731599660

Barry Holleran: 07748986084

Please do NOT just send BOTH Mark and I a text message asking us to have the field opened up. It has happened a number of times in the past and is a bit annoying for Charlie to have both of us contacting him.

The LATEST time we can ask for access to the field is 18:00, for the following day. But we CANNOT guarantee that it will be granted at that time, so it is strongly recommended that you allow as much time as possible for notice. We will contact you either verbally by text or on the forum once we have confirmed access. DO NOT TURN UP TO THE FIELD UNLESS IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED.

Location of the site:

PLEASE NOTE THE NEW NO FLY AREA TO THE NORTH EAST CORNER OF THE SITE!!!

This is a link to the site on google maps. (Should work on all browsers), this will give you the opertunity to view the surrounding areas.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=http:%2F%2Fwww.agilesoftwaredevelopment.biz%2Fhambrook.txt&aq=&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=33.29802,79.013672&ie=UTF8&z=14

This is a summary of the above link that can be viewed in the forum.

The area's in Red are "No Fly Zones"

The area's in Blue are "Only above 500ft agl"

The area's in Yellow are "Only above 1000ft agl"

Address:

Priors Leaze Lane

Southbourne,

Chichester,

West Sussex

PO18

Latitude: 50.848533°

Longitude: -0.895173°

Rules:

1. No fly zones must be strictly observed.

2. Permission must be sought and granted before turning up on site.

3. All rubbish must me taken from site.

4. Vehicles should be driven around the perimeter to the desired take off location.

5. No running of engines \ flying before 08:00.

6. All air law must be observed - in particular the low flying rules with respect to nearby buildings.

I trust that everyone understands the reasons for these controls and will make sure that they are followed.

Thanks

Barry

I would just like to point out the reason for the no fly zone to the NE is not because of any complaints but there are horse's in the field behind the house and they are VERY skitty even with engine's off. So please keep a wide birth from them and keep an eye on them when taking off and landing...... IF they are playing up and running around then your too close and move further away......

When flying in from another field from the north. PLEASE COME IN FROM THE NW CORNER OR THE SE CORNER... away from the house. if your coming in from the WEST just stick to the normal rules...

Many thanks

Mark morgan

Edited by Guest

I would just like to point out the reason for the no fly zone to the NW is not because of any complaints but there are horse's in the field behind the house and they are VERY skitty even with engine's off. So please keep a wide birth from them and keep an eye on them when taking off and landing...... IF they are playing up and running around then your too close and move further away......

When flying in from another field from the north. PLEASE COME IN FROM THE NE CORNER OR THE SE CORNER... away from the house. if your coming in from the WEST just stick to the normal rules...

Many thanks

Mark morgan

And watch where your shadow is if you have one, just your shadow going across the field will make them bolt.

I would just like to point out the reason for the no fly zone to the NW is not because of any complaints but there are horse's in the field behind the house and they are VERY skitty even with engine's off. So please keep a wide birth from them and keep an eye on them when taking off and landing...... IF they are playing up and running around then your too close and move further away......

When flying in from another field from the north. PLEASE COME IN FROM THE NE CORNER OR THE SE CORNER... away from the house. if your coming in from the WEST just stick to the normal rules...

Many thanks

Mark morgan

Mark, just to clarify did you really mean "PLEASE COME IN FROM THE NE CORNER ....". Would that not take them over or near the house. I understand you have said "away from the house" but I just dont think it is worth the risk.

Might I suggest that we completly avoid the NE corner.

I will also take any comments like this on board and adjust the original post acordingly. It will also be made a sticky at some point. But there is a technical issue at the moment.

Sorry!!!! yes NW CORNER but away from the nursery..... NOW edited Basically just stay away from the house please. Just use your common sense....

Can you add always come in engine OFF or on idel and come in high.

When you have the technical issues sorted out make it a sticky so no one can post on it..

Thanks barry

• 5 weeks later...
Hi Barry

Have you worked out how to keep this OR a new version of this post at the top of the page???? Might be worth making it so no one can post on it and may be have a hambrook rule questions page underneath if anyone has any queries

Mark,

Simon is looking into how to do this as there used to be an option to make it a sticky but it does not seem to be there any more. As soon as we can work out how to do it i will.

Barry