New Polini Paramotor - Thor 200 !!!

dmwood

I tried the flash starter at the Essex fly in on a Polini Kobra machine from Custom Vince.

Its a very nice addition and spins the engine much faster than a regular pull start. It seems a good balance between the convenience of an electric start without the weight penalty :D

The only negative I observed was you cannot get away with a half pull. The cord has to be pulled completely out (and it is quite long) before the mech kicks in and turns the motor over at a rate of knots. That said tho' the tension is very light and smooth and nothing like pulling over the compression pulses of a regular high performance 2stroke.

I am personally saving up my pennies for one :mrgreen:

Rich

I tried the flash starter at the Essex fly in on a Polini Kobra machine from Custom Vince.

Its a very nice addition and spins the engine much faster than a regular pull start. It seems a good balance between the convenience of an electric start without the weight penalty :D

The only negative I observed was you cannot get away with a half pull. The cord has to be pulled completely out (and it is quite long) before the mech kicks in and turns the motor over at a rate of knots. That said tho' the tension is very light and smooth and nothing like pulling over the compression pulses of a regular high performance 2stroke.

I am personally saving up my pennies for one :mrgreen:

Rich

I have the normal starter on my venom but may well upgrade to the flash starter, mine is easy to start on the ground but I think the flash starter may make it easyer to start in the air where a different motion on the pull cord is needed.

I got the flash starter and its a great mod to get it really makes starting the polini easy as!!

If you thinking of getting one, its worth mentioning that's the starter is wider than the standard one. The starter was already very close to the frame on my frame with the new starter I had to use spacers to make it fit.

Definitely worth it!!