100th flight & 100kph max spot speed

Just uploaded my 100th flight which was at Paul Haxby's fly in at Lord Stones the weekend before last.

Sadly it was pretty windy and only a few of us went up late on the Saturday.

The upside was my spot speed exceeded 100kph a few times on the return leg, my fastest ever. :D (The wing is Ozone Speedster 28). The link to the uploaded flight on connect garmin is below.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/1202 ... pSSqOiHIjo

Has anyone done similar top "spot" speed :?:

PHG v PPG

Having flown with Paul Bailey on his paramotor with an Ozone Speedster, I was very impressed. My machine (Dragonfly with a Combat 12T) cruises hands off at 38-40 mph and Paul could overtake me when he went onto full speed bar, really impressive.

When you compare the prep time to go flying, the paramotor wins hands down.... never thought I would say that!

Cheers,

Ben. The speedster is a quick wing.ppg wings have come on a lot .

100kph is impressive. looking back on my log book last year. The fastest continuous average speed downwind (6 minutes) I've managed is 91kph, but that was on a 32sqm PG wing with a motor on full bar. Doubt I'll go any faster due to the poor 'upwind' performance of the wing and vertical takeoff/landing.... What total weight are you on the 28?

Richard

Why is it that the speedo on my car is in mph, the Sat Nav in my car is in miles and mph, all the maps I have are in miles, every sign post in the country is in miles and yet people insist on using Kilometres and KPH?.

I am not aware of any plans to change the system in this country yet so how about (like Jock)using a measurement that we can understand!.

ps: I feel much better now :D .

Why is it that the speedo on my car is in mph, the Sat Nav in my car is in miles and mph, all the maps I have are in miles, every sign post in the country is in miles and yet people insist on using Kilometres and KPH?.

I am not aware of any plans to change the system in this country yet so how about (like Jock)using a measurement that we can understand!.

Spare a thought for us poor folk in Northern Ireland- we drive across the border, and its signs in kilometers, speed signs in kmph, and the Euro!!!

Hi, my post was taken from flphg site that was ben ashmans write up while flying his dragonfly with paul bailey. flying the severn bore.yes i think mph would be better than kph.this is after all good old blighty.mph rule.well for the moment it does........

Just checked one of my old Magellan gps log entries on a free flight XC from the Long Mynd to Stratford and I got 97.1 KPH as a max speed ahead of a rain cloud chasing me SE. A lot of the flight was under a cloud street on full bar, still going up.....

I've always checked wind strength in mph on the hill/field and everything else for the flight is in kph, quite berserk.

All PPG/PG published wing performance stats are in kph.

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

64.5 MPH , flying backwards , being blown towards Mt Snowdon , 100 ft above the radio mast at Nebo , Nr Caernarfon .

Saved it on my Sat Nav !

Let off the power , and dropped into a valley , where i managed to make forward progress , and landed at my mates house...He d erected a wind sock because he was expecting me...I did nt need it !

O.K , maybe it was a bit breezy.

( Revo 28) Saved my life

64.5 MPH , flying backwards , being blown towards Mt Snowdon , 100 ft above the radio mast at Nebo , Nr Caernarfon .

Saved it on my Sat Nav !

Let off the power , and dropped into a valley , where i managed to make forward progress , and landed at my mates house...He d erected a wind sock because he was expecting me...I did nt need it !

O.K , maybe it was a bit breezy.

( Revo 28) Saved my life

:shock::shock: