First flight

My mate Chris had his first flight on sunday morning, followed by his second on sunday evening, two perfect launches and two perfect landings, I should be a bloody instructor LOL :D

He loved it so much we could not get him to come down :D

005.jpg

012.jpg

he did not stop grinning for the rest of the day

013.jpg

:D

Nice one Dave. Give my congrats to Chris.

I see he's got the old Fresh Breeze cage. Tell him not to land on the bottom of it, it gets out of shape easily :oops:

Another convert :D

Cheers,

Alan

Hi Alan, I understand you also fly a fresh breeze, is it the one with the solo 210 and bing carb?

Cheers, Dave

Sure have Dave, if you've got any questions fire away.

I noticed in the picture of Chris that the jettison straps are clipped in on the top of the J bars.

They should be clipped into the chosen hole from underneath.

Cheers,

Alan

Thanks Al, I have no experience of the fresh breeze or the bing carb for that matter, any tips on making it better/easier to live with?

Cheers, Dave

The Bing carb is great, virtually no adjustments needed throughout the year.

I leaned off the tickover jet recently with my new prop as it is a lesser load on the motor. Won't apply with the FB prop.

Keep an eye on the spring loaded bolts holding the exhaust sections together. The bolt shafts get worn with the vibration of the exhaust. FB say to change them every 25 hours but if you examine them regularly you can extend this considerably.

The second joint bolts (exhaust to silencer) came undone in flight, I think it was due to the nylock nuts loosing their grip due to too many cycles. If they seem a little loose then fit new ones. I have also fitted additional lock nuts, not strictly necessary.

Any other questions from you or Chris just ask.

Cheers,

Alan

The Bing carb is great, virtually no adjustments needed throughout the year.

I leaned off the tickover jet recently with my new prop as it is a lesser load on the motor. Won't apply with the FB prop.

Keep an eye on the spring loaded bolts holding the exhaust sections together. The bolt shafts get worn with the vibration of the exhaust. FB say to change them every 25 hours but if you examine them regularly you can extend this considerably.

The second joint bolts (exhaust to silencer) came undone in flight, I think it was due to the nylock nuts loosing their grip due to too many cycles. If they seem a little loose then fit new ones. I have also fitted additional lock nuts, not strictly necessary.

Any other questions from you or Chris just ask.

Cheers,

Alan

Thanks Al, thats most appreciated, I shall pass that on to Chris.