Thursday

matt_k

....and what a splendid day it was!

I got up early but failed miserably to get airborne due to zero wind and a wing sodden with dew! (Any tips?) ....went home in a bad mood and waited for the evening. At 6pm there was a perfect 5 knots blowing across the field so I reverse launched and was away on the first attempt. What a contrast! The flight was a full circuit of Oxford taking about an hour and it was absolutely marvellous!

Who else flew yesterday? and where did you go?

... failed miserably to get airborne due to zero wind and a wing sodden with dew! (Any tips?) ....went home in a bad mood

Gets me in a bad mood too when i can't get airborne, fortunately very rarely.

Tip: Use your motor when warming it up to blow some of the dew off the grass where you are going to lay your wing, it reduces the dew on the top of the grass at least :)

Cheers,

Alan

I think the land owner owes Outcast some money he managed to trim some hedges for him on take off!

nah I was way above them hedges :D seriously though it proberly looked worse from where you were standing but I knew the updraft I would get from the seawall would help, and it did, nice bit of free lift :D

surprised you did not fly Matt, it was nice and smooth :D

Absolutely no wind at 7.00am on Thursday near the Wash.

First true nil wind take off on the Speedster & it was a beaut. :D Came up first time nice & square. I was expecting to run like a maniac but a steady trot & dab on the brakes & up she went.

Lengthened the tip steering lines since last time so I can hold brakes & tip steering together for slalom round the few fields of straw bails still around. Haven't got enough confidence yet to just use tip steering & throttle and leave brakes parked but I think this would be better option as wing turns on a sixpence with the tip steering.

Coming in to land a couple of hours later after a 60 mile round trip revealed the windsock still had a severe case of brewers droop. Approach was fast but the Speedster flared nicely on landing and I was able to trot the energy off the wing & drop it nicely. I could never do that with my Reaction.

Loving the Speedster more & more every time I fly it. :acro:

Absolutely no wind at 7.00am on Thursday near the Wash.

First true nil wind take off on the Speedster & it was a beaut. :D Came up first time nice & square. I was expecting to run like a maniac but a steady trot & dab on the brakes & up she went.

Lengthened the tip steering lines since last time so I can hold brakes & tip steering together for slalom round the few fields of straw bails still around. Haven't got enough confidence yet to just use tip steering & throttle and leave brakes parked but I think this would be better option as wing turns on a sixpence with the tip steering.

Coming in to land a couple of hours later after a 60 mile round trip revealed the windsock still had a severe case of brewers droop. Approach was fast but the Speedster flared nicely on landing and I was able to trot the energy off the wing & drop it nicely. I could never do that with my Reaction.

Loving the Speedster more & more every time I fly it. :acro:

lucky bugger :D I was up and down like a whores draws :D