Recording Flying Hours

I don't bother, but I do have a full hd video of every flight if that counts :D

Tom :shock:

We'll OK i guess... but how many hard drives do you need to store them?

Here's a sample of some of the information my Excel spreadsheet can summarise... handy!!

The lines at the bottom alert me when i need to clean the carb (20hrs) and replace the plugs on both machines.

A summary of each machine, wing, hours, etc... are all at hand.

flightlog-p1.jpg

We'll OK i guess... but how many hard drives do you need to store them?

Here's a sample of some of the information my Excel spreadsheet can summarise... handy!!

The lines at the bottom alert me when i need to clean the carb (20hrs) and replace the plugs on both machines.

A summary of each machine, wing, hours, etc... are all at hand.

flightlog-p1.jpg

Did you create your flight log database yourself?

It is becoming a problem! Got my eye on one of thesehttp://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/western-digital-my-book-essential-external-hard-drive-3tb-black-09312062-pdt.html

I tried to keep a log when I first started but kept forgetting to fill it in! Then tried logging flights on my phone but kept forgetting that too :?

I guess I'm not that bothered about it... I'm somewhere around 40 hours now.

Yes, quite a simple affair that has evolved over the years.

Gives me all kinds of useful information including the preview page i already posted-

It can also indicate

-the usage of flying sites, actual count and percentage

-flights within a designated time period, month by month/ yearly/ etc..

-graphical display on hours/flights per year

A few years ago i posted a few blank templates out- I wonder if anyone here is still using them?

Yes, quite a simple affair that has evolved over the years.

Gives me all kinds of useful information including the preview page i already posted-

It can also indicate

-the usage of flying sites, actual count and percentage

-flights within a designated time period, month by month/ yearly/ etc..

-graphical display on hours/flights per year

A few years ago i posted a few blank templates out- I wonder if anyone here is still using them?

Ive had a search trough the forum for it and found a link but its dead! :( Do you still have a template, if thats not too cheeky! :wink:

+1 for the template please Gordon if you're happy to share it.

Have just started taking my first flights & have been extracting flight information from my GPS track logs & recording them in a Word document, along with notes on the flight, met etc. However I would produce an Excel spreadsheet like yours to supplement this ...if I knew how to do it. Excel to me is a complete mystery!

Cheers

Phil

Have just started taking my first flights & have been extracting flight information from my GPS track logs & recording them in a Word document, along with notes on the flight, met etc. However I would produce an Excel spreadsheet like yours to supplement this ...if I knew how to do it. Excel to me is a complete mystery!

Cheers

Phil

Ok, bear with me and i'll create a new template. If you PM me your email it would be best.

You'll need Excel with the advanced analysis toolpack installed.

In the meantime, just make note of all flights, where from, where to, takeoff and landing times, motor, wing type, lauch type (F/R), etc.. and you can populate the information into the Excel at any time.

GD

Cheers

Phil

Ok, bear with me and i'll create a new template. If you PM me your email it would be best.

You'll need Excel with the advanced analysis toolpack installed.

In the meantime, just make note of all flights, where from, where to, takeoff and landing times, motor, wing type, lauch type (F/R), etc.. and you can populate the information into the Excel at any time.

GD

Thanks Gordon