kobra ppg snake

lee_d

At 100kg you will want a bit more power. A Snake or even a Polini engine can get you off the ground if you have an efficient wing (and you are not near the top of the weight range) but you will have to run fast in nil wind and won't have much climb rate. On full reflex / bar it might not maintain level flight. Fuel economy will also suffer as the engine will be working hard.

Most manufacturers quote a maximum weight in "ideal conditions". A Moster, Black Devil or Simonini size motor would be better, with around 26Hp from ~ 170-200 cc.

The JPX 330 has enough power (like the Hirth) but is an older model and quite heavy.

The F200 engine (as used in Pap, Airfer, Walkerjet etc is a great engine - not too heavy and plenty of surplus power at my weight (just over 100kg).

This would be perfect: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PXP-paramotor-moster-185-/180713302680?pt=UK_SportingGoods_OtherSports&hash=item2a135a2a98

This is also an ideal set of complete kit - potentially a bargain if the seller would accept a slightly lower cash offer.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/paramotoring-complete-set-up-/150650623965?pt=UK_SportingGoods_OtherSports&hash=item23137a17dd

F200 in good order will fly a 100kg pilot although not the thrust as claimed (no surprise there) build quality is not great either.

JPX is similar power but being 330cc and a twin cylinder the carb ices up for a pass time with the volumes of air being drawn in and drinks the fuel, spares are non existent this could be costly and timely to repair.

F200 in good order will fly a 100kg pilot although not the thrust as claimed (no surprise there) build quality is not great either.

I owned one for 18 months & flew it at 105kg (~150kg all up). It had a fantastic climb rate with the 3 blade carbon prop and way more power than I ever needed. Although never tested in lab conditions I can fully believe the claimed 78kg thrust - it was much more powerful than a Parajet Macro and felt slightly more than a Simonini mini2+ (lighter than both).

Build quality was good although the alloy castings were a little rougher than some motors and the only problems I had (other than the standard Walbro carb) were manifold nuts vibrating loose (I used wrong thread lock) and the exhaust silencer needed replacing.

Only reason I sold it was due to the fixed mid hang points on the Walkerjet frame (same as on the Flat Top copy) caused massive torque steer due to the high thrust. I would have another one but only in a low active hangpoint frame with torque offset (such as PXP or PAP).