our local rebel pilot has hit the papers!!!!!

morgy

Well It has finally happend.... The guy with the yellow and blue edel wing has made the papers. A photo of him was taken and sent into the chichester observer. It shows him about 6ft above the groin's and heading straight towards the photographer (a member of the public)

In the photo it looks like there is not very many people on the beach but still very low and flying near people (above there heads)

I have been approached buy a local shop owner and have been warned that the guy's from chichester district council's foreshore office IE the beach patrol... Are going to show this to the CAA and find out the air law..... :shock::shock::shock:

I think all hell is about to break loose.... SO PLEASE PLEASE anyone from this forum in the west sussex section do not low fly over the beach at Bracklesham bay. I am going to go and have a chat with them today....

I will post the photo when i can get round to it

Hi

Its not on there web site as i looked yesterday but it is in the back of the paper under readers letter's/photos. I have been to the shop but he has binned it :roll: I think barry is going to buy a copy of the paper... I am now sortin my stuff out for the USSR rally so wont be able to post it up...

The main reason it has got to the papers is that it is all kicking off down here about kitesurfing and the rights to use the beach the main person that is making a fuss thought that the guy on his paramotor was infact a kitesurfer :roll::lol::lol:

I have been down to the foreshore office to speak to the guy's there and gave them a copy of the some air law. They are going to go to the CAA about it as they have had complaints and they have to follow it up :shock:

They have photos buy a few different people of the same guy...

Hi All. everyone know me but i dont know any of you. as i can see i got few names as Local Rebel Pilot or selfish Idiot, i got name but that is not important i dont think u will remember it anyway. I been flying in UK 9 years Paragliding, since i bought paramotor i tried to contact some of the people who are flying paramotor . but no luck did search for some kind of rule for Paramotor on web but did not find anything. The PIcture in papers did not make me happy at all and has been taken 4 weeks ago that was last time i been flying in UK . that time i was waiting for 3 members of you who i had to meet in air they wanted to take off in your place dont remember name , and fly to Selsey to meet me . i did text one of them that i will wait on seafront and will be low nobody told me that is forbidden, now i did have few phone call form some of you and i did read your Air Law so i know what i can and i cant . I do apologise for all the trouble i make and as PPG licence holder i'm ready to take all blame and whatever it takes.

Hi All. everyone know me but i dont know any of you. as i can see i got few names as Local Rebel Pilot or selfish Idiot, i got name but that is not important i dont think u will remember it anyway. I been flying in UK 9 years Paragliding, since i bought paramotor i tried to contact some of the people who are flying paramotor . but no luck did search for some kind of rule for Paramotor on web but did not find anything. The PIcture in papers did not make me happy at all and has been taken 4 weeks ago that was last time i been flying in UK . that time i was waiting for 3 members of you who i had to meet in air they wanted to take off in your place dont remember name , and fly to Selsey to meet me . i did text one of them that i will wait on seafront and will be low nobody told me that is forbidden, now i did have few phone call form some of you and i did read your Air Law so i know what i can and i cant . I do apologise for all the trouble i make and as PPG licence holder i'm ready to take all blame and whatever it takes.

Well done for sticking your hand up and introducing yourself.

I am sure you can understand why people are protective of our sport, (you clearly know how much fun it can be). I am sure you don't need to be flying alone and or unsure. Please stay here and hook up with Morgy and the lads. They will take you into there club and keep you on the right track. They often have mini adventures with there Paramotors. :-)

It is human to make mistakes, for that you will not be ridiculed by me... but, hook up with the guys it's way more fun to fly with others :-)

SW :D

Hi Peter,

I am going to take the liberty of explaining a little further the events that have led up to this as I understand English is not your first language.

It was brought to my attention about 4 weeks ago that a pilot was alegedly flying in a manor that as a local pilot I felt was inappropriate. This was confirmed by some you tube videos that had been posted by the pilot( Peter) The videos have since removed by Peter so as not to encourage that type of flying . I felt obliged to talk to the pilot and try infom him that what they were doing was going to cause problems for him and other pilots and ask that it not happen again in future.

It was then that Peter explained to me that he has a PPG licence that he got in Slovakia, where unlike the UK it is a legal requirment. This involved written exams and a course similar to in the UK.

We had a detailed discussion about airlaw where he explained to me that he was not aware of certain specifics about UK airlaw (Not sure if it is the same in other countries). I then sent him by email the relevent law so that he could read up about it. This was fully embraced by Peter and it was taken in the spirit it was intended.

I felt that it was better to educate rather than take a hunt him down attitute.

I agree with Simon, that it takes balls to stand up and be counted. As I am sure that we have all made mistakes in the past. Indeed some deliberatly flout the laws.

It is just very unfortunate that the well meaning member of the public who got a nice photo of Peter then posted it to the newspaper where it now seems to be causing a lot of trouble.

All credit to you Peter lets hope this can be sorted out for all of our benefit as I do not think our sport requires any bad publicity if we want to keep it unregulated.

Thx for understanding and i'll be happy to meet you and fly together Also i can invite you to fly in my country where u will b worm welcome . I will keep my eye here to see what and where is gona happen . Thx again .

Just for interest to know where and how it look in Czech republik this is movie from there Slovakia is more hilly .

Regards Peter

Hi peter

Thanks for coming on to the forum (i am the one who called you up)

I have been down to the fore shore office at bracklesham bay to give them some air law and to see how the ground lies with them. They have more than one photo if you flying low over the beach. They might be all the same day i dont know!!!!

BUT they have had complaints about a yellow and blue wing flying very low over people. They told me that they HAVE TO follow this up as they work for the council t and they told me they are going to contact the CAA. My advice to you Peter is to go to the fore shores office and explain to them that your very sorry and didn't know the law's for this country.

They are very friendly so dont worry about getting a hard time!! I just think its best to see them hopefully before they go to the CAA as all hell could beak loose....

We fly allot mostly during the day 8 - 4 is a we like to thermal and go XC etc. We also nearly always post in this section when we are going flying so keep an eye out and please get in contact with us if you want to come flying with us.

You can send a message to Steve Haze ( a PMC instructor )

Morgy, an experienced pilot by clicking the (PM) button at the bottom of any posts made by them.

Hopefully they will contact you to make things simpler and ensure it happens.

SW :D

sorry i wasn't a little more help full when you rang peter but i had just got out of the sea and had a really crap reception and was really hard to hear you.

I dont know the post code at all but mine is PO20 7 that should get you most of the way there and its on east Bracklesham drive in the car park...