Nice xc around Haningfield !!!

Hi Clive Nice landing!!!! :lol:

Can i ask you why it looks like your flying with allot of brake on??? A few time during the video both your hands seem to come forward and pull quite i bit of brake....

I am not knocking your flying but it just seem's a little to much i my eyes. I might be wrong... Also it might be why you didn't land on your feet when landing.....

Yes Mats right , i also love bananas and ive got a hairy arse !! :wink:

I was using a little bit off brake low down to to slow up and gain a bit more control. But on landing it was hands up al the way, just fxxxxd it up, flared to early and gained 5ft of height.

I normaly land on my feet honest !!

You got me worried now, i always fly with a little brake on just to feel what the wing is doing.

On take off i pull a little brake to get airborne quicker, i think with the synth there is a lot of brake travel before you realy start to turn, or slow it down, especialy compared with a fusion.

Mmm maybe i am pulling to much , i had a look this morning at what i was doing and the trailing edge is not even coming down when i fly , so i think its ok.

Maybe i need a third opinion from someone that flys a synth !! :?

Hi

I know what you mean i also take off with a little bi of brake and it might be that the synth is different. It was just something i noticed..... I am not saying your doing it wrong :lol:

Also in the video you can't really see the risers so can't see exactly how much your pulling but it looks a little odd as your hand are coming that far forward (As Matt said it might be your Orangutang arm's) something to keep an eye on tho!! :wink:

Maybe its the wide angle on the go pro, anyway thanks for pointing it out.

Im going to borrow Mats pole and film myself so i can see what the wing is doing just in case, dont want to end up stalling it !!

Its nice to know that your thinking of me, i saw the way you looked at me at the fly inn :wink:

Maybe its the wide angle on the go pro, anyway thanks for pointing it out.

Im going to borrow Mats pole and film myself so i can see what the wing is doing just in case, dont want to end up stalling it !!

Its nice to know that your thinking of me, i saw the way you looked at me at the fly inn :wink:

Lookout Morgy, he will be sking to borrow your "pole" next :D

Hey Clive - responding to your PM...

I looked through that very carefully, and when Matt is filming following you, you can just make out that there is a tiny bit of brake on, which I would normally expect when someone is low-level flying.

Morgy - The Synth has a much greater brake-travel than the Fusion or Matt's Revo, so it does always look like there is more brake on.

I would like to see a vid of you flying with the camera facing you, Clive, but it doesn't look too bad. You've definitely got what I call the "Boxer Hands" approach to flying, where your hands are forward of the risers more, but as long as you've got a feel for the wing, then that's not a problem.

It should never feel to you like you have brakes applied...if in doubt, while flying higher, look up at the trailing edge. It shouldn't show any deformation where the brakes are pulling when you are in your natural relaxed flying position.

As for the landing....swoop it in...at about 3-4m, bring hands down to shoulders/chest to slow the wing and then BURY the brakes right down low to get that nice flare. - Make it progressive to slow yourself down and then run any excess speed off and you won't fall forward.

Hope that helps.