Gin Airflex vs. Fusion vs K2??

Hey friends, I'm new around here. I have a power atlas as my first wing. I'm ready for something more sporty, have about 60 hours or so in the air. The two guys I fly with have Fusions, they LOVE them. The guy that I trained with suggested that I might like the Gin Airflex, and that he liked it better. What do you all think? I'd love pros and cons on both wings, they all have them. Also, the K2, I've heard a lot about it, more than a few people that think its the "bees knees" are these gliders in a different class, or would the K2 meet the "need" too. Admittedly most of these people are Dell Kool-aid drinkers, but he's a good pilot, regardless of his attitude, so I figure its worth and objective look.

I'd like a glider that's "safe" handles rough air well, is agile without being too dangerous and something that I'm not going to grow out of for awhile. I'd like to do some cross country stuff, but realistically 99% of my flying is going to be "local". I want this to be the glider I wear out. Oh and easy launch in no wind/humid conditions as that's what we have for good flying here in Florida. So pretty much the perfect glider please :wink::lol: Thanks!!

ps. I'm between 170-180lbs so 77-81 kilos for the rest of the world that sensibly switched to metric. Some sizing recommendations would be really great.

~Mickey

Hey friends, I'm new around here. I have a power atlas as my first wing. I'm ready for something more sporty, have about 60 hours or so in the air. The two guys I fly with have Fusions, they LOVE them. The guy that I trained with suggested that I might like the Gin Airflex, and that he liked it better. What do you all think? I'd love pros and cons on both wings, they all have them. Also, the K2, I've heard a lot about it, more than a few people that think its the "bees knees" are these gliders in a different class, or would the K2 meet the "need" too. Admittedly most of these people are Dell Kool-aid drinkers, but he's a good pilot, regardless of his attitude, so I figure its worth and objective look.

I'd like a glider that's "safe" handles rough air well, is agile without being too dangerous and something that I'm not going to grow out of for awhile. I'd like to do some cross country stuff, but realistically 99% of my flying is going to be "local". I want this to be the glider I wear out. Oh and easy launch in no wind/humid conditions as that's what we have for good flying here in Florida. So pretty much the perfect glider please :wink::lol: Thanks!!

ps. I'm between 170-180lbs so 77-81 kilos for the rest of the world that sensibly switched to metric. Some sizing recommendations would be really great.

~Mickey

have you considered the Revo 2 ?

I did, I talked to Mike Campbell Jones about it at Beach Blast here in Florida this year. They were really pushing it pretty hard, but Mike went all over the map from the Revo 2 to the Fusion, to the Action GT. So I left kind of confused, but I got the impression *maybe wrongly* that the Revo 2 is more a beginner wing and that I would perhaps grow out of it. What do you think??

~Mickey

Assuming you fit the 50 hours a year recommendation for pilot experience, you are 100% bang on.

The Fusion will be the wing for you, the revo 2 is awesome as a beginner wing, and will take you into the first 48 months at least for sure, but the Fusion rewards regular flyers :-)

SW :D

Hi

Yes i agree with simon the fusion is the wing you want .I too have a fusion and most of the guys i fly with have revo 2's the revo is a great wing good for beginners easy launch very forgiving in the turns etc very stable coming out of the turns as the fusion is more rollie if you no what i mean but if you know how to control that its grand it turn quicker flys faster much much more fun if that what your after and thats the level your at either way paraminia are brillrant wings

I enjoy mine and dont regret buying it i have it about 2 years now.

Mickey,

Any modern day glider design is going to be leaps and bounds better than your current flying mattress :) I own a k2 and have flown the gin airflex before (demo from SuperFLY USA). I would look into the Ozone speedster as another option. I bought one not long ago and am very impressed by it. Its similar to the gin airflex but a bit faster. Haven't flown a fusion before. The k2 is an awesome glider for nearly any pilot experience level. Its hard to beat as the best all around glider in my opinion.

PS I am a dealer for ozone, u-turn, sky and a few others... Not trying to convince you on any specific brand or model but like I said earlier- anything you buy that is newer than your decade old glider design is going to be sweet.