Holiday in the Outer Hebrides

you lucky lucky lucky f**ker I have always wanted to swim with them. Have dived with dolphins/seals/cage dived with great whites. but have never been able to meet the basking shark SO SO jealous.

I was going to ask if your having a good time but NO NEED!!!!! :lol:

Well load up that ZapCat that sits in your garage with all your other toys and come up next Year. You may be able to find a local fisherman to take you out but as far as I can see no one does basking shark swimming tours even though they are nearly always hanging around in the same area this time of year.

Busy day uploading So here is another one from the first two days in Scotland. I did one more flight on the Isle of Skye on the second day, but couldn't get my computer to handle the size of the movie with all the timelapse stuff and transitions. Flights are Lead Hills between the border and Glasgow. Then an evening flight taking off from beside a little road going down Glen Etive near Glencoe. Flew same spot next day going over Buchaille Etive Mòr which is the big cone shaped mountain as you drive into Glencoe.

Then I drove on to Skye, but stopped for a flight at Glenshiel, where I met up with Neil the paraglider pilot, who I may have converted to the dark side. As I said that saturday was such a stunner I took advantage and flew off the beach at Loch Brittle on Skye for a little evening flight soaring some cliffs with the engine off.

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

I,m shooting film faster that I can edit it all . Went flying again today from the same site as the surfers video, but going north. At the moment my computer is staggering along loading clips of my flight along the trotternish ridge which should be in everyone's top ten list of flights to do before you die. It is a paragliding site and without a doubt the most picturesque one in the country. Will post it soon.

Another film. This time the lens on the gopro fogged up and everything has a hazy halo made worse by sunlight all around except where I was flying. The bit along the coast came up alright but next time I fly here I will have to bring the open back cover for the Gopro. This is the best flight I could possibly recommend to anyone. Scenes right out of The Lord of the Rings. Takeoff from where the road cuts through the ridge. You could go much further back if takeoff from a cliff top seems too much like a leap of faith. or start out down at the coast from one of the fields.

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

It just gets better and better :shock:

But it has to be said I’ve been surfing up and around the North West coast of Scotland for a couple of weeks or so every year for around 15yrs + and the weather can be unbelievably bad sometimes even the campervan has been close to flying away and been so worried I’ve even tied it down :o

So you have

LUCKED OUT BIG TIME with the weather some years my paramotor never even came out of the van and the rain has been going upwards for the whole week !! Still that was one of the best ever trips for the surf :D

Keep the Videos coming that last one was like watching a National geographic program

:D:D:D

Bloody Hell I hope your holiday ends soon :shock:

I carnt take any more of your videos I am on sensory overload the scenery is just amazing/stunning/beautiful. :P:P

it makes me just want to get up there and fly my HEAD OFF :shock:

and the worst part of it is I probably won’t be able to this year because of my injury so watching your videos is like a Big carrot being dangled cruelly just out of reach..... :cry:

• 2 months later...
A newby here.....All your vids are brill....enjoyed the 100ft cliffs at Skye......just wondering though, you stayed above the cliffs is that because there could be too much turbulence below the edge of the cliffs?

There is not normally turbulence below a cliff edge its behind and near the ground you need to keep clear of. but turbulence can be caused by objects up wind including rocks trees etc. If you have no landing option below the cliff's you need to keep high height is you friend.