Training maneuvers

I like to improve my skills and something that would help is to have a training maneuvers check list (or whatever the appropriate title would be)

I fly a lot but often I just fly around and land without paying much attention to detail. That's fine but adding a training part to flying would increase the fun of it. I do think sometimes that I should exercise spot landing or learn better how far I get on glide but most often I forget about it.

Is there a list of such things already? We have a bunch of new guys in the game here as well and they need to improve their skills.

Things to include for instance:

Spot landing with motor on

Spot landing with motor off from x height.

and.. well.. what else?

Stick kicking, slalom ... all sorts of tasks here to hone your skills : http://www.ppgcomps.co.uk/assets/files/Task_Catalogue_2010_v1.pdf

The navigation / economy stuff is good to try - calculating your route, headwind, fuel burn and time over a set distance beforehand, then seeing how close you are when you land. Gives you a better understanding of your wing / motor capabilities on different trim settings, but don't forget to leave some fuel spare in case you get it wrong ! :lol: