Tips on foot dragging

I'm no expert Clive but have heard that much of the height control is done with the brakes , once the right engine speed has been found. I have also kicked tops of fir trees, as I know they bend nicely, and they're mine, and more than 500 feet from owt, but wouldn't recommend it. Kick the wrong tree and it might grab your foot = pain or worse. Oaks are particularly easy to get snared on

Best advice I can give is get some kicking sticks, a more experienced mate and a large flat area with no trees. It's great fun

Hi Clive

I am no expert... But try it on a very calm day/morning start by getting lowish (10ft) and try to stay level then just get lower and lower. When i started to foot drag it took me a few goes to get my feet down. You need to get lower than you think!!!!! Also get out of your harness as you would do just before you land. If anything goes wrong your already in the correct postion to land. Come in on slowish trim.

Also only try it going into wind at first.

Be warned if you do get your foot down then it will create drag and slow you down. This can slow you down allot if you are in tall grass etc. So at first just try to touch down and go.

As Pete said dont use to much brake "just dab it" you need the brakes to land if anything goes wrong

Just take it slow

Slowly slowly catchy monkey :lol::explode:

Slowly slowly catchy monkey :lol::explode:

No no no, you don't wanna be catching a monkey, they really slow you down, trying to grab your foot and sticking bananas into your GoPro, and we'll get all sorts of animal rights activists on our backs.... :lol:

Clive there was a peice in the paramotor mag recently all about low flying, I will see if I still have it and will give it to you next time we meet.

Any chance of a scan and post it on here :D:D:D

Si would scanning it and putting it on here be breaking any copyright laws?