Sat and Sunday evening

seymore

I have a helmet with a gopro headcam which I takeoff in flight and hold by the beak for the shots of my face. That way you never see me wearing a helmet. The helmet is leashed so it won't go thru the prop. Besides a Bailey fourstroke is much much quieter than any twostroke in flight and flying without hearing protection is no problem at all.

Postcode is RH20 2HZ and my number is 07875724540

AT 4.30 THE WIND IS STILL TOO STRONG ABOUT 15 mph westerly. , but most evenings it dies down around 7.30 pm

I have been free flying at Devil's Dyke this morning. A bit strong but quite do'able, got in about an hour in the air, then moved on to the coast for a nice 20 mph kitesurfing session.

Wind did'nt drop off until about 8.30 I did a test hop at 7.30 and I was getting 18 kph into the wind and around 55 kph when I turned around. There were some balloons up and it was smooth enough but not what I,m after. Will be around for the beginning of the week then hope to get away on a trip up to Scotland for two or three weeks.

Would love to been able to fly but my engine is back with parajet after a unexpected landing just outside of LA :shock:

Yogi Do you know what went wrong with your motor??? How many hours have you got on it now??? where are you flying from now as we have not seen you down at Hambrook.

Seymor

I thought you were not flying this week??? Are you going up to bonny scotland still??? I hope i am going to have my motor back this week some time. i need to get into the air soon.

Hi Morgy

It was my first flight in months due to work and the weather, i used the airstrip that i showed you down the end of the Lane, had a small window after work the other week and got as far as LA, turned to go up the river to Arundel and it all went quite, luckily found a small piece of grass at the end of a rape field.

It was the shaft that comes out the back of the engine that spins the magneto broke, i guess i have only had it running for 8 hours or so, was hoping it would of taken 8 years for that to happen then i may have been ready for it :)

took the picture a few seconds before it happened.

i have the next month of off work, so pending child care the weather and getting the motor back would love to come up to Hambrook.

LA.jpg.a98c2e0e9613839edffb6d8441143f8f.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my engine back the other day, went for a short flight to try and get my get my balls back, (turned out a lot shorter then planned, .8 ) went up to my dads at Bury turned back south along the river, got to south stoke and bang, another unexpected landing!!! FFS, however i must be improving on my engine failures because i managed to land next to the George and Dragon at Burpham, for a very pi**ed off beer or two.

so it was UPS >>> back to the factory.

IMG_0284.JPG.f06fd9d674a69eadc4a54b220bb

IMG_0307.JPG.7dc803efc85229f72db42d9a198