Top80 clutch springs

I had a spring go on my clutch and replaced both of them, but now with the new springs its engaging at lower revs (2400,used to be about 3000) now when i rev up slowly the clutch is really clakity and loud, perfect once its engaged but soo noisy going up!

Anyone else had this problem, this is the second set in 10hrs!

Whos Luke?

The new set of springs i just fitted dont seem to be as strong and the clutch is clattering and banging at 2400 revs, the previous springs lasted about 5 or so hours.

I have noticed the clutch only has two clips(pivots) holding it together instead of four (as shown in pictures on PAP) the motor has done about 100hrs and im the third owner so maybe time to get a new complete clutch?

Whos Luke?

The new set of springs i just fitted dont seem to be as strong and the clutch is clattering and banging at 2400 revs, the previous springs lasted about 5 or so hours.

I have noticed the clutch only has two clips(pivots) holding it together instead of four (as shown in pictures on PAP) the motor has done about 100hrs and im the third owner so maybe time to get a new complete clutch?

Luke is my imaginary friend :lol::oops: (dont know where that came from)

It should not clatter and bang only drag ie turn the prop at a lowere rpm.

Time for a new one me thinks :cry:

Gary (opps thats my other friend, the one that talks to me when Im asleep :shock: )

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

I recently had my clutch system overhauled and it was pretty worn.My tame enginer stripped it down completey (he made a puller to put it back together) then he turned the plates over as they have 4 holes the original 2 were too worn to use, then put in new clips and springs, problem solved.

Once you have made a puller you have the tool always.

A lot cheaper than just replacing the clutch

Trust of use.

Hadders