Totally AWESOME PG dude arrested!!!!!!!

all I can say is that I'm surprised it has taken so long!! :!:

It hasn't ! Dell has had so many appearances in court that this one will just be more water off a duck's back ... He's had several previous charges for 'paragliding' (paramotoring) offences, driving, firearms, perjury, tax evasion and dodgy business ventures.

Just hope that flying doesn't qualify for the '3 strikes and out' sentencing in America, since as much as I detest the stuff he spouts out, I have secretly enjoyed his odd video (such as when he crash landed in the lake). :lol:

I think the prosecutor in one of his previous cases summed things up well:

"Prosecutor Chris Bown said he does not think Schanze is a bad person but said he is dangerous because he thinks the rules that apply to others do not apply to him. Bown said Schanze has shown no remorse in this case and twice has paraglided into situations in Draper that caused problems "

Gary, your right ! After watching this up close interview I feel I know the man behind the myth so much better. Clearly any fool can see he is not totally insane, and I would trust his opinions better than my own .... now where can I buy some stuff that he has invented so I can risk my life in his safe hands ????? :lol:

[youtubevideo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kbfMW2ugtU&NR=1[/youtubevideo]

I know he has caused a lot of trouble across the pond with what he does says and the way he says things :twisted: but hay ho, each to their own.

I cant help but like the guy :D ; I wish i had is energy and enthusiasm; as well as his instinctive wing handling skills. :dive:

Regards.

I cant help but like the guy :D ; I wish i had is energy and enthusiasm; as well as his instinctive wing handling skills.

A lobotomy might help. :wink: - no, seriously I think his brain is wired differently, bypassing whichever part of the cortex controls fear, rational thought (and modesty) :lol: Many of his character traits can be seen in acro pilots or other 'radical' extreme sports enthusiasts (although most don't seem as prone to his outbursts)...

It would be great to tap into that mindset on occasion, as I know I am often hampered by fear, self preservation instinct, over analysing or thinking too much about all the processes involved rather than just 'going for it'. Maybe it is just 'natural talent' but there has been similar threads on PG forums about what separates the likes of Pal Takats from the average pilot.

Only difference is I've met Pal a few times and watched him in action. After flying he seems to switch off and become quite normal. I've not met Dell but had several emails from him and at best they have been disturbingly abnormal ....

I think its the old ying and yang thing?

the closer you get to being gifted in a certain area another area suffers......he no doubt is a gifted Pilot........Ying.....

His ramblings his over the top views his slagging off of everything else in the world his YAAHOOOOing are the Yang, Yang and Yang

:acro:

The biggest shame about him comes from a newbie perspective like mine, you are so thirsty to learn and get in the air that you scour the internet for examples of what you are being taught. After all seeing is believing, and when your struggling with something seeing it done tends to galvenise your resolve. I'm in aggreement with the earlier comment that he does have some impressive skills, and if he removed all the B/S from his preaching he would no doubt be a valuable resource to everyone in general.

Its just that once you become aware of this mans issues its impossible to have faith in things which may well be valuable advice? :roll:

The biggest shame about him comes from a newbie perspective like mine, you are so thirsty to learn and get in the air that you scour the internet for examples of what you are being taught. After all seeing is believing, and when your struggling with something seeing it done tends to galvenise your resolve. I'm in aggreement with the earlier comment that he does have some impressive skills, and if he removed all the B/S from his preaching he would no doubt be a valuable resource to everyone in general.

Its just that once you become aware of this mans issues its impossible to have faith in things which may well be valuable advice? :roll:

Good point ganers.

spiral to the ground and wing tip drag is not normal flying and newbies may set out to replicate stunts like that thinking its the norm'. I have been very tempted myself :roll:

We must remember these are experimental aircraft we fly which often consist of a mix of materials like marine shackles and fixings not entirely designed for the task in hand. Put that with the un predictable air mass we fly in and we must realise we dramatically increase the risk of a catastrophic event if we push the bounderies of these machines.

I am very much an A to B pilot myself. I love low flying coastal runs and beaches ect but always fly conservatively with a safe engine out option at all times. Might sound boring but sometimes being safe is boring.

Regards.

Can't see much that's boring about your flying Rich. Narrow peninsula with sea all around rocky coastline, and military airspace everywhere. Mid Devon might be boring but not Cornwall.

I knew that if I said Dell had no fans, it would be contested by someone. You're just too nice Whitters. (Only joking :) ) I think the way to deal with the chap is to use the wealth of experience for your own benefit and grow a thick skin so you can ignore the rest before it makes you bitter. There are a few pilots here and across the pond who's lives would improve if they just switched off and forgot him.

Politics aside, the wing he sold me is still my favourite and the motor never broke a prop, although it did crack a centre frame, and you cant weld them up. :(

Dave