Welcome to Bucks

rob

This is the Bucks branch of Paramotorclub.org. Welcome to everyone; especially those that live in Buckinghamshire. I am based in the south Bucks area but would love to hear from anyone, where ever you are , whether an avid flyer or just enquiring after this amazing sport. I am always pleased to hear about other's experiences and always on the look out for more flying pals to explore our beautiful skies.

Hopefully there are more of you out there in the Bucks area to make the Bucks branch a Success.

Anyone interested step this way...........

:D

Rob

Hi Rob and thinks for setting up your regional Paramotor Club.

Do you have the first half of your postcode please mate as we need to add your club to the Map and I know that Norman (our map man) will ask you as soon as he notices this club has arrived. :D

If you get time, you can look through the 'memberlist' and see in the location field if you have any local pilots.

SW :D

Hi Rob

Have often popped across the border to Bucks, as its only 2 miles away and flown the chilterns.

Having grown up in High Wycombe and moved to Thame i often go to Wycombe to see friends so could always met up some time to go flying.

Last year 3 of us were paramotoring around west wycombe and i think it was you and Bob were also about that evening too.

Hope to meet up for a fly round soon

Regards

Simon Payne :D

Hi Simon,

Yes remember it well, it was me and Bob and you guys went shooting under us at great speed. That is when i decided i needed a new reflex wing.

Would be great to fly sometime soon let me know when you are about.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rob

Just wanted to introduce myself to you and other buckinghamshire paramotorists.

I am a newby and fly /ground handle outside aylesbury. I am always looking for fields and places to fly from please feel free to contact me.

regards

Gavin Downs

Hi Gavin

Sorry its taken a while to respond but i have been off tree hugging (paragliding) in Tenerife in beautiful sunny weather. If only we had some good weather here!!!! :(

Would be good to meet up sometime if you like. Bit of ground handling and even a bit of flying if the weather ever improves.

I have got my eye on a field near Risborough just need to speak to the farmer, would be a nice field in the middle of us. I will keep you posted.

Otherwise i fly from Stokenchurch and Basingstoke among others.

Any nice fields your way?? :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Simon,

Nice picture. Yes me and Bob still fly it as often as we can. Flew it a couple of Sundays ago, was very nice but got a little strong at the end. Looking like it might be on for Thursday fingers crossed.

When did you fly over Chinnor? I have not managed a flight on the motor for over a month. need a fix real soon!

we must get together some time for a fly.

Rob :)

Rob

Coombe was ok, not epic as too much cloud cover but got good height and pushed well forward of hill before lift dropped off. :?

About 20 or more gliders in the air also, so not too busy for a coombe day. :)

Got bored after an hour so went microlighting at clench common till dusk. :D

Edited by Guest

Rob and I flew the Chinnor area yesterday evening. There was no-one flying or parawaiting. on slow trim and low revs you could feel something there but not much.

God I am getting so itchy trying to wait for good newbie weather, at least it looks like its on the way.

When you talk about coombe and gliders are you talking about coombe hill by wendover. I have often thought about flying from there but am very conchious of the public and amount of gliders in the sky. How do you find it? Do you fly early to aviod public?

We are still taking of from just outside Aylesbury on the A41 but it looks like that site is going to be gone to residential development in the near future. Feel free to contact me if you are going flying and fancy some company (although my wing is a bit slow compared to what you guys probably fly). 07840 960 550

regards

Gavin

• 1 month later...

Just a quick line to say hello to the 'local' club. As you can see I am located in Thame (must be somewhere near Simon Payne).

Have just started training with Simon in Lambourne and am nursing a sunburn and riser burns from practising forward launches in low wind on Friday. Would be great to get together with others in the same area and have a chat about this sport, perhaps we should have a 'club meeting'. I am sure we can find a nice pub somewhere!.

Forecast not great for the week but looking forward to more training and getting in the air.

Is there anywhere a bit nearer to fly from when I get sorted?.

Eddie

Hi Eddie

Must meet up as your a Thame local, with some of the other local Bucks/Oxon pilots.

Anybody free this week for an evening pint (or two) ? :D

This includes

Rob G

Bob J

Gavin

Simon

Eddie

Greg H

Simon C

Ian W

Martin G (RAD)

Eddie L

Graham P

AND anyone else local who is interested in ppg locally who ive missed off list

Simon P

Hi All in Bucks and Oxon

The Lions of Bledlow pub this thursdayevening at 8.00pm is the venue. :D

Its as close to the oxon /bucks border for all to get too. :?

Its also next to the ridgeway path with several large feilds next to it, so for future visits its flyable too also. :wink:

Hope to see as many of you as possible, and will be good to put some faces to the names at last

Lions od Bledlow

church end

Bledlow

princess risbourgh

HP27 9PE

PS: all are welcombe, dont be shy

Not too good a start when I can't get my dates right!.

I would love to be there and meet everybody but I will be in Kings Lynn tommorrow night.

Perhaps we can do an official Oxford/Bucks' meeting on a regular basis (with a bit more notice).

Hope it goes well and hope to get an opportunity to meet at a later date.

Eddie