anyone flying this week???

morgy

yah i had a look at where it is...

I am not going to bother as i am skint!!!! due to me going on holiday and the atom having a service and needing a few things :roll::cry: and now the immobiliser has packed up so it wont start!!!! :cry:

good luck i hope you do well " as long as the miniplane keeps going" :lol:

Friday and Saturday are now both looking good for chasing clouds around the sky for their thermals. Rasp tables are showing thermal updraft velocity in the orange/ red for mid-day over my place and light winds so I know what I will be up to.

Mark and myself flew over Portsmouth today. Rain delayed takeoff and lots of threatening clouds so didn,t top off the tanks and try for the Isle of Wight, though in the end it looked really nice over the Island. A few light thermals to fly back to takeoff and what I must assume was carb ice which choked off my engine about half a mile from the landing field. Had the height so just glided home without trying to restart. On the ground it ran perfectly and from previous experience the conditions were classic for carb icing , lots of moisture in the air and running for a while at 1/4 throttle, so that would probably have been the problem.

Went kitesurfing late afternoon in Littlehampton and the sea breeze there was a steady 20 mph. Perfect

We are planning to try to fly around the Isle of Wight on Saturday, with an early start if anyone is up for joining us.