Paramania fusion vs Ozone speedster

I'm a happy owner of a fusion that I've had for two years now. I'm not going to change wing for some time but I'm curious about the Speedster.

There been a lot of talk about the R 10 technology and ozones success with it in competition and their delta and now the rush 3. The speedster is from what I understand supposed to use the same kind of design benefits.

I don't have the possibility to try one yet but have someone tried it that also have flown the fusion?

Would be interesting to hear how they compare.

Michel's observation may be correct but for the wrong reason.

It was released for ordering in April & following a demo on a 26 in mid April I decided to order a 28. I was informed it wont be delivered until mid July so I suspect no ones got one for competiton yet. Hardly any Youtube vids either.

I am not a competition flyer & just love to go for as long a flight as possible. A Bailey 4 stroke (V4) means I generally fly 2-3 hours. I have flown a Reaction since I started 3 years ago & having tried other wings found the Speedster very responsive & fast without speedbar which fits my needs. Instead of a 60-70 mile round trip I hope to do 80-90miles.

I also fly low level along in the ditches ( we call them dykes in the Fens) which requires precise flying. Whether its good enough for competition flying would not be my call but I know it was much easier to do the clover leaf slalom & dyke fly compared to my Reaction. :wingover:

Paul C

• 2 weeks later...

I'm close to just buying a speedster based on Flyingfergus's review alone but I'd really like to hear from a few others that have flown the speedster.

I'm assuming you - Paul had some tail wind advantages for both your outbound and return flights otherwise that glider is wicked fast. I'm trying to find a glider that will do mid 30s (mph) in fast trim but don't really know if that exists or not. Its gotta be able to foot launch in 0 wind so being in or slightly above the weight range is a must. I am 110kg all up and looking very closely at the speedster 24.

If anyone else has a review I'd love to hear it or a reason why another glider might be a better choice!

Jeff

I have looked on the ozone web site but can not see any info on the speedster IE top speed glide ratio etc I can see aspect ratio and pilot range and it's rating but nothing on speed....

Do we have to book demo flights on the speedster/nucleon...