Ozone Speedster

Hi

I am around 75kg's. I find the 28m speedster to be good so far for free flying. I am in the middle of the paramotoring weight range @112-115. I do not have a free flying weight range as Ozone have no info on it? So i assume i am in the middle of it. I have to say being ligher on the wing it does not fly well in the stronger winds but works amazing in the scratchy conditions almost as good as a pG wing. I have flown it in 15-18mph and i think this is about my limit where as my fusion i could push to 20+ but i was loaded allot more flying a 26 but it did not work as well in the scratchy stuff.

So you pays your money you takes your choice. Load it if you want to fly faster, and lighter to be more economic and PG in the lighter stuff. I have not had a chance thermal it yet for obvious reasons....

If you would like a demo give me a shout. We have a 26 and 28m in stock.

Do you have a rush power or just rush?

Hi Morgy,

I think you have just answered my question. I suspect the size 28 Speedster might be a bit big for your bodyweight when free-flying but ideal for paramotoring. It will be good in scratchy conditions but not so clever in stronger thermic conditions. The Ozone site gives a range of 95-125kg for the size 28 which I suppose applies to range in which it was certified. This probably corresponds with a paragliding range too but don't take my word for it! Paramotors are often flown above the certified range and Paul Mahony was extolling the virtues of a 26 for someone of my weight (80kg) which I flew at the Nats last June. I was very impressed with it and it was well loaded and fast on landing but it is aimed at experienced pilots so that should not be a problem.

I fly a Rush 1 right at the top end of the range when paragliding and it of course very solid most of the time but light conditions can be a challenge. This is a paramotoring forum but it doesn't hurt to mention free-flying (paragliding) sometimes. I have flown with Toby Colombe of Passion Paragliding in Morocco several times and he will always recommend a pilot flys towards the upper end of the weight range rather than the light end. This could be a consideration if a Speedster pilot intends to paraglide as well as paramotor.

John

Hi Jc

I would not recommend free flying too light on any wing.. Iam in the middle. My main reason for me being light or on the lighter side on my wing is to attempt some PPG records. I have just set one but it has just been beaten my Michel Carnet the previous holder of the record. At least i held it for 10 days!! :roll:

For my body weight i would go for the 26m with out any hesitation for normal flying. I have one in stock and i am itching to take it out of the bag and fly it. But personally i think if you free fly the Speedster when you at or over the top of the weight range you will suffer in the lighter conditions. But this depends on the free flying all up weight... I do not know why on earth Ozone do not publish there weight range for free flying when they say it's a good all round wing.

If you look at Paramania's web site the Fusions bottom end range is the same for PPG and PG.... So being in the middle of one will make you the middle of another surely??? If your 100kg's all up free flying i would push you towards the 28m. But i am not saying Paul Mahoney is wrong in any way... Just my opinion

Both myself and Luke were advised by Paul Mahoney to go for the 26 even tho Luke would be 15kg's over the top. The wing will take it and perform very well being over loaded. But for us we want to be very efficient. Luke is at the top of the weight range on his 28m and burn's at least 0.5LPH more than i do being in the lower end of the middle...

I will try to find out for you the Free flying weight ranges of the wing.

If you would like to come down and try one out for your self your more than welcome too.... It will give me a reason to take the 26m out of the bag and you can come pare them side by side...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I had my first thermalling flight of 2012 yesterday on my 28m Ozone Speedster. All i can say is this wing is an Awesome thermlling and XC wing, if you have come over from the dark side (paragliding) you will love the speedster. The wing never missed a beat even tho i am in the lower/middle end of the weight range and the air in places was a little rough and very punchey..

I flew for 3.5 hours and used 4 liters of fuel on my V5 and covered around 100km in total.

P1100638-1.jpg

P1100657.jpg

P1100658.jpg

P1100654.jpg