Important information about the Membury Paramotor club.

All,

We have been at Membury now for the best part of a year. I think it is fair to say that it's better than perfect for us.

There are confirmed plans in place to extend the runway at Membury and build a very nice new building with office and classroom space, and of course a pilots crew room :-)

The owners at Membury are clearly spending a lot of money on the site and as a result have asked the club for £5000 per year towards the costs by way of a membership fee and visitors langding fees.

Not only will this secure our future at Membury (we are in the site CAD drawings!!) but it will give us a larger chunk of ground with even better take off and landing options.

So, I will have a basic form in the van at all time, and will be asking for anual membership fees of £75 per person for it's use. Members will be given the gate code for entry at their convenience.

I know that this is a fair chunk of money but for the best site that exists it is very much worth the money. We would still require 66 members to cover the costs fully.

The future of Membury for Paramotors is just awesome!

Huge site.

Brand new School Room and Office.

Brand new pilots rest area.

Parking and no 4x4 required.

So.... If you are happy to help towards this amazing facility so that you can use it, please bring £75 with you on your next visit.

Thanks for the support!

SW :D

I would like to fly in to there but i dont think i would stump up £75 for a years flying there.... Only because i dont think i would get the use out it due to the distance.

But i would be happy to pay by the day or even a landing fee! :lol:

Sound like its a great site Simon cant wait to see it :lol:

I have had this flight up to you planned for a long time now. I missed out on it when luke and steve flew in... so bring on the good weather and i am there...

Hi Morgy,

A day rate is going to happen but I have to carefully work out the cost. Looking at it quickly based on last years numbers It would need to be about a tenner for a day rate which some how sounds like a lot of money compared to the £75 for a year.

I do want to make this work, and I can assure you that this is not a profit making exercise. It is an expensive lump of land that needs to be paid for be the people using it. Any ideas are welcome.

If I can think of a way of reducing the anual membership during the year I will do so and anyone who has joined at the £75 rate will get a refund on the difference.

Hi

£10 sounds about right for a days flying at a field. Barry (guildford) charges £8 for a day's flying but only £5 if you fly in and out... I would be happy to pay that anytime but i really dont think i would get my moneys worth paying £75 for a full membership only due to distance... I do think that £75 is not alot esp as you have the services that close to you. I cant wait to fly in to say hi!!! :lol:

I think i would pay up to £100 for the perfect field if it was close to me. :wingover:

All Paid PMC members will be entitled to a £30 discount off the full years membership if joined before there membership expires.

It is likely that we will not have the PMC paid membership option in the future.

PPG 100 Club members have there membury membership covered in the joining fee.