Revo 2 non delivery

Ordered a new Revo 2 as part of an order from Parajet in late January.

Parajet called them and were told they were in stock...Now it turns out that they are nt available and it ll be another 4\5 weeks from now .

Money paid up front and SHIT ON FROM A GREAT HEIGHT .

CUSTOMER 0 --PARAMANIA 1 :evil:

Is it me ?

Sorry to hear this :-(

I don't know what to say, your not my customer so I don't know the details but I can't think of a reason for the delay?

What reason was given..?

SW :D

At face value that does seem outrageous. I ordered one of the very first Revo 2's from a UK retailer back in June when they wer just being released. Delivery took 6 weeks (but I was advised this at the time), although it eventually arrived in the wrong colour. When I complained to Paramania they delivered the correct colour direct from their factory in just 3 days. Make of that what you will.

Have you tried contacting Paramania directly ? They always seemed quick to respond and were very helpful to me.

Perhaps Parajet did not place the order immediately, until your motor was nearly completed ?

I can imagine the frustration if you now have a shiny new motor but no wing ...... :(

Parajet called Paramania weeks ago and were informed that the colour and size of wing were in stock...so when they called today to get one delivered they were told it ll be weeks..and my new motor arrives on Monday ( hopefully !)

Im self employed , and i dont get paid until the customer is satisfied , but it seems that most companies want money up front , with promised dates , then when the time has been and gone it turns out that they dont carry stock , and order when finances are secure .

Just ordered tyres for my Skyline...same story

New kitchen..bits missing and poor quality...same story

But as always its Money Up Front !

Rant Over ! ( Its been a bad week ! )

Stop The World , I Want To Get Off !!

Should have bought a Apco force....same 3 month wait :cry:

but its in a way better wing...it blows the fusion away....genuine 40+mph in nil wind and the tip steering is in a different league....also Ive not blown a take off yet..I reckon if a really good pilot got on it the gloverleaf record would go..I am super chuffed with mine...

Paramania never once responded to the problems I had with my delivery of the fusion

(again the same story a very very long wait)

it looks like all wing makers are the same once they have your money the service they give you goes on the back burner and your order goes to the bottom of the things to do that day list :(

but apart from the mistake you have made with the choice of wing Simon is probably right once youve had a flight on the new wing you will forget about the wait...(if it comes before easter) :lol:

Ps I would have loved to have a flight with you again Shaggy....BUT .....because of the speed difference :D I will always be ahead :lol: alittle dot on the horizon :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Richard, I think you are right. Most of the new generation intermediate-sport reflex wings are capable of 60kmph + at the correct wing loading. The Force might have a 5kmph edge but is hardly "blowing them all away".

Gary, your problems were well documented on a few forums and I sold my Revo2 because the tip steering just wasn't as effective or useable as the Dudek ALC balls, but I always had good contact from the Paramania team - Emilia, Pascal & Deano, who even came out of his way to meet up with me near my home.

I agree it can sometimes feel that companies don't care once they have your money, but at other times I've been surprised how helpful some individuals are (across several companies).

I would love to try the Force - do you know anyone who might have a demo wing in large ???

How do you find the glide ratio with engine off ? The 29m Revo2 was (naturally) a lot worse than my 34m Nucleon and I can only assume the Force would be the same for my weight (160kg on a 28.5m wing) .....

I think once youve flown one you WILL agree it blows the others away.....try axb sports

(paul Haxby) he let me fly both the small and medium when I was thinking of buying that was before the large was made ....so I reckon he is the first point of contact (he is not a high pressure salesman) the wing will sell its self.....

ps not once did Paramania respond to any emails that I sent to them about the problems i was having....so That is why I shouted my feelings on this forum and others....

oh I forgot to mention the glide ratio.......it is maybe the one compromise... :(

I reckon its way worse than the fusion and the landing speed is also a fare bit quicker....so you do need to adjust to it

in no way is it a total beginner wing

pps.....my mate with the powered hanglider has agreed to a race....but has chickened out on two occasions......make of that what you will :lol::lol:

oh I forgot to mention the glide ratio.......it is maybe the one compromise... :(

Thanks - that is what I thought. The difference between 29m Revo 2 and 34m Nucleon is about 500-600RPM at similar trim settings, which makes a small but significant difference in fuel economy and noise. Landing speed is faster on the Nucleon but with a longer glide.

Despite the hype I don't think either of these '3 size solution' gliders are ideal at my top end weight, and there is always going to be a compromise of glide ratio by removing over 5 square metres of wing.

Reckon I would have no problem matching the top speed of the Force if I flew the 29m Nucleon (2 sizes down from my 'correct' size).

• 4 weeks later...
Latest is that they have nt got any material to make mine

I bet that fills you with confidence ..... :roll:

Sounds like a ridiculous excuse since I believe they are made at the Gin factory so shouldn't be any shortage of material. Hope they are offering some cash back for the hassle ?

I beleive that Parajet just checking stock but not deposit for your Revo2.

Normally to order a wing :

You call dealer - Dealer check if any in stock -pay deposit

But if no deposit or make reservation , nobody will keep stocks for you.

They do not stock too many wings anywhere!!!

I beleive that Parajet just checking stock but not deposit for your Revo2.

Normally to order a wing :

You call dealer - Dealer check if any in stock -pay deposit

But if no deposit or make reservation , nobody will keep stocks for you.

They do not stock too many wings anywhere!!!

Wing paid for in full up front.....Apparently now on its way from China... :?: