New Wing

Hi, im a novice pilot wishing to buy my own equipment for the first time- i have a motor sorted but I need a wing and im not really sure what to go for. Anyone recommend a good stable beginners wing for use under power, im on a fairly limited budget too! I have been offered an Eagle Genie but there seems little info on these on the internet and Para2000.org lists it as being uncalssified rather than a DHV1. Any info greatly appreciated! Thanks, Matt

Hi, im a novice pilot wishing to buy my own equipment for the first time- i have a motor sorted but I need a wing and im not really sure what to go for. Anyone recommend a good stable beginners wing for use under power, im on a fairly limited budget too! I have been offered an Eagle Genie but there seems little info on these on the internet and Para2000.org lists it as being uncalssified rather than a DHV1. Any info greatly appreciated! Thanks, Matt

My first wing was an Eagle genie (they are getting a bit old now) it is a good first wing does every thing nicely.

I did an SIV course on it and it behaved great.

Worth buying, at the right price that is.

As Pete says, it all really depends on your budget and the age / condition of the wing. There are some beginner bargains available, but also some potential pitfalls.

You should consider having any used wing over 3 years old professionally inspected (£60 - £80 at Aerofix or The Loft) and a decent seller might agree to deduct at least part of this cost from the asking price.

Huh thats a blast from the past.

My first wing was an Eagle Genie.

All black in colour. I was miss sold it, as it was too big for me. (Didnt know any better at the time, was told it was the correct size etc).

Was a nice safe wing as I remember.

Yes get it tested for sure!

Also I think it is the same wing as the Dudek Vox? Any one confirm this?

Mike

:mrgreen:

I think Pete is being rather generous - it would have to have been carefully dry stored for most of its life to be worth as much as that .... :)

Why not post your weight and budget on here ? I'm sure there are a few people thinking about upgrading their wings for this season and they might have something better in your price range.