Heating your flying suit

pete_b

It looks interesting and worth a go if you have a 12v out for the price I recon.

Try one,

If its good we can use the pmc as a way to get bulk discount as you say.

If it works!

SW :D

Hi Pete,

I have been using some Klan heated gloves on my motorcycle for some time now. I would certainly recommend the gloves over heated grips. The power consumption of the gloves is approx. 2 amps, so no problems there. Just a question about heated clothing.......if you have the whole shooting match, jacket, trousers, socks, vests, gloves, knickers etc. (just joking about the knickers, but it is a thought!) would the output be able to cope with all that?

Cheers

Bendme

Hi bendme

I am not going for heated gloves but more for a heated suit with the kit I mentioned.

If you were to go for all separate items then I am sure that the current drain would be way to much for the

charging system on any motor we use.

The kit I am going to try is rated at 55 watts which is 4.5 amps and as the charging system on the simmo is 5 amps(if correct) then it should run ok, even if it was drawing more or the simo was not producing enough power it will not be too much of a problem as I will not be using the heat on continually but in short intervals.

The temperature will be controlled by a thermostat (if it all works out right)

Thanks for all the info more food for thought.

Pete b

Not a sparky mind but.....

I just looked at the output of the new Parajet unit that is on a pre production test on my volution, and it say's Output = 75w.

And I must say that I can use the Heated Jacked on full and still have a full battery when I need it now.

SW :D

• 9 years later...

This is an old thread but.................does anyone have any experience of Gerbing heated jackets and gloves? I've got both jacket and gloves which worked really well on my bike (how I miss my Blackbird) and now want to use it for flying. Gerbing do a rechargeable 12v lipo battery which should be up to the job but I don't know if the socket on my jacket will fit the battery as they are about 5 -6 years.

I have e mailed Gerbing but no reply as yet.

Does anyone know if the connectors have remained unchanged over the years?

Guy

PS. Can anyone do anything about the weather :(

• 3 months later...

Look into Gerbing riding gear. I have a set I power off the bike. Gloves plug into my jacket and they and my pants plug into a controller. Now for the paramotor or glider, they make a battery pack model too. Pricey but other companies are available. Going with a heating strip, I'd be afraid of a in-flight barbeque!