Anyone flying in the southeast on the 30th

matt_k

Got my first flight of the year today! The weather has been so bad on all the the days off I have so far this year I had to make the most of today. I took off from Basingstoke and flew up to Reading and back, with a bit of low flying on the way there.

I was planning to go all the way to Henley but that will have to wait another day. The wind was pretty strong and I was only making 15 kph into it at times - I need to set up my speed bar. It started getting a bit too bumpy for my liking so I turned round at Reading. The wind was steady and strong for the landing which meant that it was a nice slow 5* touch down.

An hour and 20 mins in total which makes up for not flying for the last few weeks!

Nice one Pete!

Been really gusty here in Essex on the coast, i blew out going to Membury as it was looking a bit too windy for me today.

Monday is looking good all over the country hopefully i might get my first fly in for 2011!

We had a good day at Membury, but no students!!