Boots Recommendation?

Avoid Brasher, they are poo.

I would second Pete's Hanwag vote :-) I have had mine a about 18 months, I wear them every day and they are still 110% :-)

I have the Alpine Walking boots rather than the flying boots but both are good.

SW :D

Hanwags !

Warm in winter, cool in summer, superb comfort, support & all round protection. Had mine a few years and worn from deep snow to desert sand, and they've saved me from injury a few times in the Alps & Atlas mountains.

Crispi are good for support if you are just motoring, but not as good if you need to hike anywhere (unless you faff about removing and possibly losing the inserts).

You may need to order a slightly larger size than normal in Hanwags though.

The walking thing is the main reason I went for the walking boots as apposed to just the flying ones. which are next to impossible to walk in over any distance.

The boots below, are the Hanwag Alaska. they have a massive amount of sideways support, but still allow good forward movement for walking / running in.

It is a fairly well known thing in these parts that I have been through a number of pairs of boots over the last few years, not to mention 9 years of wearing boots every day in the ARMY.

If I lost these today, I would order another pair of the same boots. (which would be a first)

The walking thing is the main reason I went for the walking boots as apposed to just the flying ones. which are next to impossible to walk in over any distance.

First time I tried on my Hanwag Fly 2000's I wondered how I could possibly walk with them, but now I even wear them in preference to my 'regular' hiking boots for trekking round the Lakes etc. They are even better once you get to steep or technical terrain such as in the Alps or Atlas mountains.

http://www.flyaboveall.com/hanwag.htm

- although there is now a lighter weight version available (Sky GTX)

Similar split of opinion here:

http://www.paraglidingforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6957 - although it seems Crispi are favoured for wide feet unless you get a larger size in Hanwags.