Help me please – I think I’m going mad!

alan_k

Fortunately I have found my sanity, but it was touch and go :shock:

Yesterday I was attempting to finish off the replacement throttle. The paramotor was on the lower workbench in the garage, well the other bench was covered in cr*p, sorry…. what’s that you say, whose isn’t?

Well, I’d threaded the throttle umbilical round the engine frame and connected the carburettor slide. For those that are not familiar with the Bing carb there is a large slide holding the main jet needle that is spring loaded towards the throttle idle position. Note it’s a strong spring.

573363f127ce4_MeontheFusion.jpg.cebe2b6eP1010546.JPG[/attachment]

Where is it then?

The rest of the garage is like the other workbench, a bit of a mess.

Not quite headless chicken mode, maybe brainless chicken mode I start looking all over the messy bench, on the floor, under the benches, around the paramotor again, on the shelves, oh why is there so much junk in this garage.. Sigh :roll:

While I’m looking for it I think move all the tools I have out into one place so that none of those go missing. I put then on top of the car battery charger on the messy bench. Normally the tools go in the top draw under the said messy bench but I think I’ll keep them in sight, for some strange reason.

After 30 minutes of going round and round in circles and finding nothing I think right that’s it I have gone mad. It can’t just disappear into thin air can it? I must be going mad I’m asking myself stupid questions now :lol:

It was late afternoon now and fortunately Shirley convinced me to leave it and have a good search (clear up) in the morning.

So we’ve spent most of the morning moving junk, sweeping sawdust and assorted detritus from all exposed surfaces. I’ve moved the pushbikes/old moped/shelf unit complete with various junk, extricated and searched through two junk boxes from under the bench, whilst Shirley has emptied a rear tool tray on the bench the paramotor was on, sorted various other drawers and trays that were on the messy bench, and still nothing.

Time to tidy the messy bench, I pick up the tools from the top of the battery charger and open the tool drawer. Oh my word (insert suitable expletives) look what’s in there, the carburettor slide and needle?

It must have been propelled by the spring whilst the tool draw was partly open, then I must have pushed it shut (often with my knee) so it wasn’t in the way to start the original search.

I’m not going mad, hooray! Well not yet.

Cheers,

Alan

P1010548.JPG.416154184e09f7be5f60b907c21

P1010546.JPG.4754cff9a66d87c1fc4999acc1e

I was going to suggest that! If I ever drop/lose/let something ping off, I never move anything in the vain hope that it Will be immediately obvious. Usually its in a different room and my poor brain has forgotten that I went to the kitchen for a sandwich/the pkayroom to see what my little scamp's up to!

Good excuse for a tidy though!

Tj.

I think you got away with it this time

but a warning for the future

Never ever let a woman loose in the garage but if they do actually get in....to let them search about in your toolbox.......well thats just asking for trouble.....

you need a bolt on the door :shock::shock:

I never go near the horse stables..... :D:D

I think you got away with it this time

but a warning for the future

Never ever let a woman loose in the garage but if they do actually get in....to let them search about in your toolbox.......well thats just asking for trouble.....

you need a bolt on the door :shock::shock:

I never go near the horse stables..... :D:D

Agreed ! Mans domain.

SW :D