ppg carrier

jock

Does anyone use a strap on bike carrier to the hactback boot of a car to carry ppg.im not paying £400 to get a towbar on a car mercedes a160.my frame dont break down.i thought of useing push bike with a trailer as my feild is not far,

This CARRYS 45KG SHOULD DO THE JOB...

th9103.jpg.b83ebca6b71502e2d1b65639f36d4

Does anyone use a strap on bike carrier to the hactback boot of a car to carry ppg.im not paying £400 to get a towbar on a car mercedes a160.my frame dont break down.i thought of useing push bike with a trailer as my feild is not far,

Make sure you use extra straps to fit it on your car.

Make sure you use extra straps to fit it on your car.

Ive ordered one from amazon same as pic,£87 £100-116 elsewhere,i can get to the feild with gx next week.....extra straps for sure pete///////

One of the Lancs guys has a bike rack like that, mounted upside down it fits the car and his Pap paramotor perfectly like it was engineered for the job, and it sits snug against the car & feels rock solid. Higher than a tow bar rack though so the top half of the cage sticks up above the car roof, but still no problem at motorway speeds apart from a bit of wind noise.

Yep I do.

I have a golf plus.

I pop the Bike Rack on the back & then slide the motor on, with the cage on & fully fueled up.

A couple of bungee chords hols it all tight and then I have a spare number plate that I zip tie to the motor.

It works well.

Next time I put it on I'll take a photo.

Woody :D

Yep I do.

I have a golf plus.

I pop the Bike Rack on the back & then slide the motor on, with the cage on & fully fueled up.

A couple of bungee chords hols it all tight and then I have a spare number plate that I zip tie to the motor.

It works well.

Next time I put it on I'll take a photo.

Woody :D

Great i should have mine 2morro.monday-tues is looking good say metcheck.

Same here Jock.

Was going to Paramotor if wind drops and Paraglide, maybe at long Mynd, if it stays around 6 or 7 mph from the West.

Mike :mrgreen:

Me & paul.t will be up the beacon at malvern if its hill flying, if you want to come. tv just said 5mph sw mon we will have to wait to see who is right.i can get out anyday next week.

Would love too Jock.

Only ever flown Castle Morton at the Malverns.

Bit worried about flying a spine back hill.

Dont worry im a guru on flying the malverns,,,lol as long as the ground wind is not over 7mph the malverns are fantasic to fly.the beacon has tons of slope landing spots.a car park you can land in,if you are good at spot landings,or a very big lz further out.i love flying the beacon one off the best xc sites in a west wind.even on a straight glide on a good thermic day you can make kempsey,you will love it...ive only ever been blown over the back once 1n 7yrs of flying the malverns,and thats was when the wind hit 25mph due to big black mother of a cloud.caught loads off us out,the only time i have ever had the reserve in my hand,never used it,but i done some pretty good acro so say the ones wacthing...

You're right to be wary Mike, I've seen lots get into trouble (newbies and experienced) when the wind has picked up, or they've misjudged their relative position on the Malvern ridge. You need 15 hours post PG BHPA qualification flying, before they'll let you on the Kettle take-off. A sensible rule IMO.

I hope to be out sooner rather than later, as I've only got 2.7 GPS hours flying clocked up this year. Just 78.4 GPS hours for whole of last year (Lowest for 5 years), due to weather and injuries. It'll most likely be powered up from Clent (slope take off, due to ongoing knee issues...).

Catch you all soon.

Richard

Thanks Guys.

I would love to fly there, only if really safe to do so.

We must also get a vid of Jock higher than 15ft above the puddles in his egg soon too...lol

Cheers

You wait till i kick the ballon over car dealership.i may need a large ladder to do it lol////this week the egg will run for 3mins then be hard//////////

Can you believe it .

Monday the 17th is looking good for Paragliding now!

Oh well it’s still a few days away.

Probably gone off again by tomorrow?

8mph will be to strong for beacon,.mynd should be ok.tv said 5 sw for mon,will see what xc says sunday nite.looks tues-wed is going ne thats good for kettle sings on malvern.ive got pinky the hg ready for ne-est winds

57336405aa64b_GTi614(Small).jpg.4e0a263c

Got the ppg/bike carrier that mercedes said would fit ,it didnt.lots of bolts/brackets missing,so quick bodge job and here we are.had to extend the top plates so it would fit.Had a drive up the road it will do for time being.Plus i dont need trailer board as the rear lights are easy to see.

57336405bbb2c_GTi624(Small).jpg.14a988bc

57336405c19a2_GTi626(Small).jpg.701fb3e9

57336405c517d_GTi628(Small).jpg.bb2f111f