Replacement throttle

alan_k

Of course there is another question....

Why don't all paramotors come with this device if it solves the problems?

In fact, do any paramotor's choose this option??

How many are there V normal ones? V the number of years they have been around?

I remember in the past there was someone messing with one.... but it never 'took off' we also had mouth throttle's in the old days, they never took off either.

SW :D

Again, there was no question of your skill or teaching prowess - so I won't mention which world champion I did much of my (PG) training with. One of the reasons I was told for not gripping the risers was because it can lead to people pulling the wing up overhead, then once they release the 'A's it becomes unloaded and drops back just as they glance up and commence their run.

Of course this forum is great for exchanging information and techniques, so if you can tell me any advantage in gripping the 'A's I'd be happy to give it a try and see if it works better ...

As for the throttles, yes, often simple is better and the standard lever type are more robust and a lot cheaper to manufacture. The Cameleon finger throttle is like electric windows on cars - more expensive to develop and produce just to do the same job, but so much nicer to use that you would never want to go back to the old style winders afterwards.... :P