Mid/North Wales Fly-in, do you want one..?

garyfreefly

I'll definitely be up for this one and will bring the missus too.

I love Snowdonia. It's one of my favourite places and I have been meaning to take a ride around the mountains since I started flying.

This could be an amazing fly-in if the weather is nice!

Provisional date: 30 April

This is the weekend after easter.

Lots of people have other plans for easter weekend with the family etc.

(earning brownie points for the following weekend :wink: )

Pencil it in your diary.

This is assuming I square it with the landowner who i will visit in the coming weeks.

Just looked in diary and that weekend is a long one too cos monday is may day....

Meds is that were the flying leek, pete jones flphg & and his ppg mates fly.they have some nice feilds in north wales i could email him as a back up place just incase,if you want.

Looks like some fairly strong lee-side thermal activity was going on in that video, even as late as mid September. Did you feel much turbulence above summit height ?

IT WERNT ME ITS PATRICK.L BONTGOCH HERES HIS RECORD HEIGHT 17546FT ASL..THERES A PPG IN THIS VID SO I DONT FEEL TO BAD ABOUT POSTING IT,LOL/////////

Jock that would be a fine idea

always a good plan to have a back up

:wink:

I will give pete a shout.do we pay the farmers any money for the feild when you have flyins.just so i know so i can tell pete,i will find out if he & his pals pay anything. ive free flown conway mountain its a great site with big beachs etc.& a mcdonalds you can land by.i would love to fly snowdonia ppg/flphg.roll it on/////

Normally they ask for a £100 or so.

there is also the cost of a porta loo or similar brand of mobile toilet (normally £100)

So if you aim off to recover a couple of hundred quids.... I would say that would be a safe bet :-)

Expect to pay a tenner or so to cover any costs. (hence the vote)

SW :D

Also, although a little early I know......

Would be a good idea to put a NOTAM in knowing the area and what happens in it's airspace. :-)

Just a heads up for the future.

If you need any help, just ask Pete B who is old hat at this fly-in stuff :-)

Normally they ask for a £100 or so.

there is also the cost of a porta loo or similar brand of mobile toilet (normally £100)

So if you aim off to recover a couple of hundred quids.... I would say that would be a safe bet :-)

Expect to pay a tenner or so to cover any costs. (hence the vote)

Ive just emailed pete with the date.30 April,when he replys.i will post the answer & any other info needed if its a goer,then meds or pete.b can take over the sorting of it.ive told him its a back up site.or a main site if meds feild is a problem. if you want to have another flyin i can speak to the kite shop man at kempsey were the nats were held last year and going to be held this year at worcester. and see what he says....

PS,

I am loving that another member (or two) has jumped in to arrange a PMC fly-in. I am sure with a few more keen people we could double the number of fly-ins we have each year with ease.

There is no harm in filling the calender early, so if you want one at your place, get the conversations going now :-)

I am working on somewhere special for the main summer fly-in which we will have to have in June due to Australia 2011 commitments.

www.australia2011.com for anyone who has been asleep for the last year or so :-)

unreadable.

Also, I think it is more likely to be 30+ people using historical numbers.

simon, was it the link you were on about,works for me.pete flphg is having his club meeting this thursday.when he will ask tony if the feild can be used.or as a back up feild.

Pete got back,its a no go for his feild.they are waiting for the 56 day application to go thourgh.as the only house near the feild complians about them.and they dont want to spoil it,til they get the 56 day rule.i tried,,,He did say paul haxby has 2 feilds and one of them is on the coast, plus it has a campsite,parsa campsite.Barmouth side of lleyn peninsula.if anyone knows paul it might be worth contacting him...

• 1 month later...