Newbie needing help to start in Sunny Kent

Hi Everyone!

I am hoping to find out more about Paramotorgliding ever since I saw two powered paragliders chaps landing on a field next to the Lower Road on the Isle of Sheppey, Kent. I have wondered what its all about since and researched it over the winter period. I would love to give it a go and see if it is for me.

Can anyone please give me any advice in starting off in this sport and where to go to learn. I live and work in Kent and will soon have some time on my hands (voluntary redundancy) and a bit of disposable cash to pay for my potential new past time.

Looking forward to speaking to you :D

Mark :acro:

Hi Mark,

Site rings a bell....................its where I started my training............caravan park.

In fact Any got me into the sky - good and proper!!!

You probably saw Ian and Andy flying or Andy and one of his pupils.

I will post you a message with his details.

Mike

Hi Simon/Mike

Thank you both. No its not too far Simon but I will try to find out if there are any trainers local as well, what with the price of fuel and that. Mike, I have replied to your private message and thank you too. I am getting excited with the prospect of flying like you guys and feeling the wind in my face. It must be a real blast.

Many Regards

Mark

Hi Mark!

You've definately come to the right place in the paramotor club for helpful advice. Everyone is an enthusiast and keen to help.

As Mike said, it was probably my instructor Andy and either myself or one of his other students as we fly over the Isle of Sheppey all the time.

I understand that Mike has given you Andys details which is a great place to start and I highly recommend you have a chat with him and come along to the field.

Hopefully see you in the air soon!

Best regards,

Ian.