Can't afford the kit :-(

thanks guys you've scratched the itch - it was cathartic talking about the costs and to know others views - and certainly I won't be buying anything until completing training with Simon at some point - am I insane thinking of starting in Autumn? In RC days there'd be more flying done on cold clear mornings than spring/summer... but I guess wet grass is bad for learning ground handling?  Very off topic so feel free to ignore. Am overseas on holiday and typing this is very temperamental I've lost 3 paras already and sick of re-typing!

4 minutes ago, NickSee said:

am I insane thinking of starting in Autumn?

Shorter days become a pain in the ass but you are less likely to be dealing with the complexities of switching wind strengths / direction... swings and roundabouts.
The hard part is committing to actually doing it... Once you have pulled the trigger, chances are, sooner or later you will end up in the air and fall in love with the sport.

• Like 1

On 15/08/2019 at 11:21, AndyB said:

I started off with a Parajet V3.

Andy. I still have mine and happy with it. Solid as a rock (saying in a loose form of words)

Just need to get the technique right and only do it once :-)  If not, then I have a 15-minute breather  

• Like 1

and mine is not :-) 

Some days I just don't do it because of my back.  After two or three days of continuous flying - I need a break.

Most days I just have 5-6 Litres in the tank - keeps the wait down a bit.

Maybe I need a Nitro too :-) 

... I think I am just waiting until my back (or knees) finally give up and I'll move onto a Peabee (if funds are available that is)

Andy - Doesn't matter what we fly - at least we are still flying :-) :-) 

• 5 weeks later...

I'm in the Beginner/wanting to paramotor category too, but I do realise that with this there is a realistic £££ barrier for entry, its not like motorcycling where i can buy something that's maybe a bit on the cheap side and not in the best shape or on the cutting edge of tech that you can pull over into a lay by and have a look over it if you feel somethings not right, there are no lay bys in the sky as someone once said.

In theory proper preflight checks should hopefully catch most if not all issues before they become problems before you get off the ground.

In short save up a bit longer, work more hours, get in debt or give up a vice that costs you a decent amount of money each month....I've got to the point that i have no vices but too many hobbies that cost money to have fun😋