Flymecc carbon paramotor

alan

Great List Mark,

I guess you have just summarised all the important points I need to look out for so I am copying this list off to my PC now :D

I might want to take a look at a Bailey V5 in that case but I hear the wait list on them is very long?

The other item that puts me off with a Bailey V5 is the cost.. anyway lets not hijack this thread anymore i'll PM you if I need some more info on the Bailey.

Cheers Darren.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot about this post but i can give you an update on the machine.

I have clocked just over 100 hours on the flymecc since i bought it last December, in this time only two items have had to be replaced the first was the radiator that developed a very small leak almost negligible but this was replaced under warranty no hassle.

Whilst replacing the radiator i split the bottom hose getting it off as they are sealed on so a new hose was required.

I have only landed it heavily once in all this time when cramp struck just as my legs where about to touch the ground but there was no damage to the machine.

My flying buddy also flys one and his has over 80 hours on the clock and apart from 1 silent block on the radiator splitting and a cage arm end breaking which was both replaced under warranty (and bearing in mind there is a two year warranty on the machines ) i dont think this is bad at all.

When you consider that a lot of pilots will probably fly less than 25 hours a year our machines have flown the equivalent of 3 to 4 years worth already.

Like morgy says getting parts can be slower because the manufacturer is in Italy but not a lot has gone wrong.

The motors start like they did from new and on 12 litres of fuel flying a Fusion 29 wing i can stay in the air for 3 hours and i weigh 95kg.

I am very impressed with the machine its very light on your back i love the way it splits down and the harness is very comfortable i did buy the two blade propeller which i prefer as the climb rate is better in my opinion, cheers Alan.

hi all,

i too own and fly the flymecc carbon 100lc

i have logged around 130+ hrs on it and have had not one fault or any problems with it, i drag it out the back of the car [were it lives] prime it up and after the first if not defo the second pull shes fires up !i leave it ticking over while i build the cage up which takes around 2-3 mins then turn it off and fit the prop shes then all warmed up and ready to go flying, i sit in the harness clip in and stand up{all on my own} grab the pull starter and away she goes, its very very easy to start on your back. it also looks fantastic and is great on fuel, ive had/flown lots of other paramotors in the past [paps airfer parajets monster] but cant deny that the flymecc beats the all hands down, ohh and another thing there quiet. i originally bought mine with the three piece prop on it [pro version]but after saving up and hiding money from the missus 8) [£200] i bought the two piece carbon prop :lol: the two piece i would say is the one to go for they run around a 1000rpm lower than the three peice so you get better fuel economy i get around 4 hrs on the two piece out of 12ltrs of fuel on my kinetik wing, but then again i am 17 stone and at the max on the flymecc so would of thought you would prob get more if your a little lighter ! tooo many bacon baps in the past ! i also found the dealers to be very very helpful and waited a little over three weeks from order to delivery for mine, regards parts, i carried out the 100hr service {spark plug, fluid change, filter element} and found the delivery of the parts times to be around two weeks from placing the order to delivery on my door step thats to say that if yorkshire paramotors have not got them in stock then of course it would be a lot quicker.

as much as i love my flymecc and the way it compacts down so small i will be sadly selling her shortly :cry: as i know flymecc have just released a newer version so have pre booked mine already :lol: ! {if anybodys interested i want £3250 for it, its the pro version and cost me £4395 and is in great condition}

re location of dealers

i know that the yorkshire paramotors guy have two collection outlets one near hull and another near leeds so you should be close or one or the other if you need them and they always answer you phone calls or emails promptly ! which is great if your a little compulsive like me and need answers straight away :P

so...

to sumerise a great little paramotor which is bomb proof reliable with good dealer and factory back up not forgetting the 2 years no qwible warranty {piece of mind} very very comfy harness like alan says, easy to walk with, light and quiet and not to forget they have to be the best looking paramotor out there :D

if you would like to have a go/look at mine let me know, i know you will be pleasantly surprised. i was :mrgreen:

but also i know the guys at Yorkshire paramotors do a try before you buy so maybe give them a call

mj

• 2 years later...

Hi All,

I just buy one unit flymecc with sky engine 110 from their agent in indonesia.

I never fly paramotor, wanna start to learn by next month.

My weight 86 kg planning to use this paramotor with anakis 2 wing size M...

Is it ok with me? appreciate your advice from all.

Thanks and kind regards,

Pecks