Flymecc carbon paramotor

alan

Hello all,

so glad we are back on line those gay chat rooms do get a bit boring after a while, anyway i have purchased a brand new paramotor the Flymecc carbon liquid cooled.

We saw these in France at a show and after lengthy chats with the makers and a visit to the factory in Italy by my friend to test fly one three of us purchased them.

Now after flying my Parajet Macro over a hundred times and liking it i was concerned about the power but i had know need as the Flymecc got my 15 and a half stone in the air no problem.

The fuel consumption appears to be great my Macro would average between 4.5 to 6 litres depending on trim settings whilst the Flymecc is as low as 2.5 to 3.5 and thats with a double oil mixture at the moment.

The best features have to be the weight of it at 26kgs and the way the cage breaks down into a bow and arrow case and the look of the machine.

It also has a rev counter/hour meter and fuel gauge built into the throttle.

I have flown it three times so far totalling 3.5 hours so i will keep you posted on any further news heres a video link to me flying it cheers Alan.

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all im new to this site and noticed that you was talking about the flymecc carbon and thought i would mention that i have seen the advert for it on youtube under flymecc carbon .

i think its the uk dealer as its got there email ady on the video it also comes up on Yorkshire paramotors as checked it out after reading this thread and just thought i would mention it and thought it was a good way to say hi .

Hi all,

we had a discussion about this frame in the italian forum and we concluded that its well done and great looking, but its not for the average pilot.

The frame is made of carbon and hard plastic with a central alluminium engine support. The fact that the main frame and not just marginal parts (i.e. cage) has parts of carbon means that, just like any carbon built equipment, is fragile and will not stand harder-than-average landings (or bad handling for that matter).

Its the same with carbon frame bicycles, many riders will take extreme care of them and, in the event of them falling even in the garage, some will consider changing the bicycle.

The carbon is keen to micro-fractures in case of bumps, invisible to the eye but compromising the whole strength. So this is a frame for advanced pilots who will never have to deal with bad landings and in case they do, replacement parts will be needed even though they look fine to the eye.

We would have liked to see the main frame in aluminium or the like and just the cage and outer frame in carbon, that would have made a light paramotor for everyone.

With this caveat anyway, the paramotor is still great and will give the experienced pilot many pleasant flights!

hi, i was just reading the previous post on the carbon frame and alloy components of the flymecc and thought it was rather unfair, i appreciate your individual opinion but am afraid you are wrong, these frames have no simalaritys to single piece carbon bicycles, the carbon is in fact 2 core carbon fibre the inner being of a one piece sock un jointed type and the outer laminated to that not only for strength but also for aesthetics, the inner core is a tighter weave than the outer and thus giving massive strength to the component, i am a 17 stone well built 6ft 2" guy and was offered to put one of these carbon frame pieces across my knee at the flymecc factory, i could not snap or fracture it, the HARD PLASTIC that you mentioned is in fact impact resistant polymer designed to only crack and not separate so to hold and keep the frames integrity, they are also very a very cheap component to replace coming in at around the £15 mark, ive personally seen these machines being flow and bounced from the ground with no affect to frame, prop or joints, you would have to really hit the ground hard, and i mean hard {hospitalised} to break them, ALL the alloy pieces on the machine is made from ergal 7075 alloy which is machined from solid billet pieces, even the crank cases, the factory is one of the most technologically advance producers i have ever seen, but that said they would be due to the fact that they also produce helicopter parts for westland helicopters ! the md of the company has over 25 years of experience in the paramotor world and indeed the carbon motor i flew in Italy had in excess of 380 hrs on it it been the original development paramotor, i could go on all night just how good they really are for experienced and or entry pilots alike, but i wont. what i will say is please come down and have a look/fly for your self BEFORE you knock it, it really is a great paramotor and don't forget it comes with A FACTORY BACKED two year guarantee, which other machines offer that ? id say that was because flymecc has that much confidence in there machines as do i,

i have owned lots of different machines over the years paps,

fresh breeze , parajet, airfer ect, and all have had there vices, the flymecc in my opinion has not, its light, economical, good looking, not to mention reliable, and compact, starts on your back easily ticks over contently without have to always blip the throttle, is full of safety features ect, and is also price with the working man in mind, lets not forget paramotors arn't cheap so WHY NOT have a fantastic machine that does everything it supposed to ? but please don't take my word for it, come down and make your own mind up,

ill even through a cuppa in for you !

every body that has seen and flew one has ended up buying one

safe flying to every one and

merry Christmas

mark

hello and thank you for your inquiry

im sorry for not replying to your email but our website is down at the mo but hopefully we'll be back on line early next week after a costly revamp

the answers to your questions are as follows

1/ yes we hold a stock of five motors

2/ yes we hold a stock of spares and any we dont stock can be delivered within 48hrs to your door

3/ the paramotors are priced as follows :

ENTRY LEVEL MODEL. this model comes as pictured but with a hardwood laminated timber prop {flared tips for low noise emission}and a standard throttle grip with in handle electronic fuel gauge plus the frame mounted hour meter. £3795

INTERMEDIATE MODEL. same as above but comes with helix 2part carbon prop £4095

PRO VERSION MODEL this model comes with electronic fuel gauge, taco and hour meter all built into the throttle grip plus a three piece helix carbon prop, £4495

these prices are for low hang point machines but high hang point machines are available, all come with woodyvally harrness's astrialpin carabinas, colours can be changed on all parts of the machine including the cooling hoses, the choice is yours, available colours are orange, red and blue and all look fantastic,

we are also factory trained to service and repair flymeccs and also offer this for other types of paramotors

regards the engine price. what exactly do you require, ie, just the motor or the motor complete with everything {ready to bolt on to the chassis}

kindest regards

mark

flymeccuk@hotmail.co.uk

Crikey,

Ive opened a can of worms here and i would like to say that if the carbon frame would loose its integrity if man handled or knocked what the hell are we doing flying with carbon propellers.

I would hate to think that if i knocked my carbon blades or dropped them they would have invisible fractures in them and could shatter whilst in flight.

But to answer your claim that was the first question i put to the test pilot at their stand and the answer was emphatically" you will have to fly it into the ground to stand any chance of breaking the frame".

I dont know of a paramotor that has a frame that could withstand that and also for me to give up my Parajet macro was a decision not taken lightly or without great thought.

So for now i will keep you aware of any issues i have with the paramotor and fingers crossed it will be as reliable and durable as my beloved Parajet was, and if the backup service is half as good as Parajets is i will be happy cheers Alan.

I am interested in 1 of these. I intend to buy a new paramotor in the next couple of months, so starting to see all the variations on the market. I look fwd to your reports and updates Alan an the machine.

Mark, reason for asking about the motor cost was incase I go the self build way, so it would be the complete unit ready to bolt to a frame.

Cheers

Gary

hello and thank you for your inquiry

im sorry for not replying to your email but our website is down at the mo but hopefully we'll be back on line early next week after a costly revamp

the answers to your questions are as follows

1/ yes we hold a stock of five motors

2/ yes we hold a stock of spares and any we dont stock can be delivered within 48hrs to your door

3/ the paramotors are priced as follows :

ENTRY LEVEL MODEL. this model comes as pictured but with a hardwood laminated timber prop {flared tips for low noise emission}and a standard throttle grip with in handle electronic fuel gauge plus the frame mounted hour meter. £3795

INTERMEDIATE MODEL. same as above but comes with helix 2part carbon prop £4095 How much is a complete frame on its own.....

PRO VERSION MODEL this model comes with electronic fuel gauge, taco and hour meter all built into the throttle grip plus a three piece helix carbon prop, £4495

these prices are for low hang point machines but high hang point machines are available, all come with woodyvally harrness's astrialpin carabinas, colours can be changed on all parts of the machine including the cooling hoses, the choice is yours, available colours are orange, red and blue and all look fantastic,

we are also factory trained to service and repair flymeccs and also offer this for other types of paramotors

regards the engine price. what exactly do you require, ie, just the motor or the motor complete with everything {ready to bolt on to the chassis}

kindest regards

mark

flymeccuk@hotmail.co.uk

Dont know much about carbon paramotor frames ......but when Ive used carbon fiber fins in my surfboard Ive always had them Break/Snap/Shatter....Ive never had that with polyester fiberglass

or even cheap plastic fins..or in the old days Wood :? ...yes carbon is lighter...but I suspect a little chip or mark or temperature drop can cause its structural failure.... unexpectedly...

oh :shock: and it also conducts electricity as well Ive got a mate whos lucky to be alive after his fishing rod touched a overhead cable....BANG :lol::lol::lol::oops::oops:

hi garyfreefly

just to reiterate what alan stated earlier in the thread, if carbon fibre was so temperamental why would props, f1 cars, space shuttle, rally cars, aeroplanes,suspension components ect ect........... all be made of it ? was you fin made from one piece woven sock overlaid with move woven carbon, or was it just black fibreglass.

please rest assure this paramotor will NOT disintegrate on your back in mid air guaranteed, nor will it fracture or fatigue, also im sure the last time i looked my pap ros frame was made from stainless steel which is also a conductor of electricity as would any alloy frame paramotors not to mention and including wet paragliders or lines,

please feel free to have a look in more detail on youtube

regards

mark

hi again and thanks for making me welcome Allan

i see from reading the other comments that they seem to be very robust and reasonably priced for such a good locking machine , i was thinking of updating my machine next year and after reading your thread think i will give the flymecc dealer an email to view one .

all the best skyhog .

and happy flying.

just looking at the remark about the fishing rod and had a little giggle to myself as i have done fishing in the past and rule number 1 you don't fish under power lines and its not the fishing pole or carp pole that conducts electricity its the wet line and lead shot or water running down the pole but only thought i would mention it as not intended to make a joke of it ,

It wasnt the fishing line that hit the power cable.....it was his rod.... :?

No it wasnt just black fiberglass....I wish they had been :?

Yes I agree ....with what you are saying....its stronger....lighter.....and can do everything...better

than anything else....all I was saying is that in(( my experience with 3 sets of fins )).....one with a foam core.....one with a hollow center.......and one solid .......they all broke.......so I wont use them anymore.....as far as my paramotor prop goes its been fine.....apart from the 3 that got smashed to bits on my new Pap Pa 125...when the prop was hitting the frame due to the new soft engine mounts....when full throttle was applied.....(a new frame was supplied by Pap)

Carbons got its place.....

I am interested in 1 of these. I intend to buy a new paramotor in the next couple of months, so starting to see all the variations on the market. I look fwd to your reports and updates Alan an the machine.

Mark, reason for asking about the motor cost was incase I go the self build way, so it would be the complete unit ready to bolt to a frame.

Cheers

Gary

have you got the price of the motor yet?

Alan what is the springiness of the outer cage like? will it cope ok with power fwd launches?

Anyone else got any experience with these engines?

oh and it also conducts electricity as well Ive got a mate whos lucky to be alive after his fishing rod touched a overhead cable....BANG

What a silly currant that could really upset your day.

I once drove my car over a carbon fibre rod, they are not that strong :D LOL

It cost me £80 for new section for the guy. :cry:

Dave

OK time to kick in....

As some of you know, I used to own and MD a carbon fibre company who made Carbon Fibre for F1, Rally, TVR 24 hour, Ducati, the MOD and so on..... (which incidentally all use a carbon / Kevlar hybrid for (shatter / abrasion parts, not pure carbon as we know it.)

We also produced Carbon Fibre tubed frames for Rally and the TVR 24 hour team so I do feel as though I know what I am talking about.

I have toyed with the idea of making a carbon frame for some time. In the same way that we produced the race spec items. The main thing that has stopped me is the repair WHEN 'dinked' and the knowledge that Carbon is NOT the best thing to use for a Paramotor frame and I would need to introduce some Kevlar or Titanium wire.

I have a few questions for the manufactures of this frame...

1. Total thickness of carbon in gm's plm and number of layers.

2. What resin have you used?

3. Is it Pre Preg Carbon (as used in all high quality carbon products)

4. Do you Autoclave it? ( as per all high quality carbon products)

5. What is the cost of a replacement frame?

6. Who do I take it to for repair?

7. What tests are used to determine your final layup?

I have some contacts who will be able to work out exactly how strong this frame is or is not with the information above.

My guess is the answers should be:

1. 800gm + 4x 200gm (MIN)

2. Epoxy

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. The same as an alloy or steal one

6. Anyone who can weld

7. I am just interested in this one.

Sorry if I see a little attack mode, I am not.. I just know a lot about this subject and think that it is a bad idea to use Carbon for a Paramotor Frame.

SW :D