Camera mounting

poz

Not sure if I have a mental block here, but I cannot seem to solve my little mounting problem.

I have a GoPro with the mount firmly stuck to the top of my helmet. However, although the Go Pro is great, I would like to be able to mount my Panasonic camcorder on my helmet for times when I want something other than really wide angle.

Without resorting to drilling a hole in my Icaro helmet, does anyone have any suggestions of how to go about it.

I wish GoPro did a male tripod adapter. They do a female adapter to allow you to mount your GoPro on a tripod.

Cheers

Dan

Thanks Gary, appreciate that offer. Actually I have got a 1/4" bolt which I can cut down. I did think about that as an option, but without a vice ....or a hacksaw it's going to be tricky to do without ruining the thread.

Come to think of it, it's about time I got a vice. Now I've got a reason :)

Cheers

Dan

for times when I want something other than really wide angle.

Dan

Interesting, but I am getting a little bored of the massive amount of wide angle footage around.

It makes normal footage a pleasure to watch.

SW :D

for times when I want something other than really wide angle.

Dan

Interesting, but I am getting a little bored of the massive amount of wide angle footage around.

It makes normal footage a pleasure to watch.

SW :D

I agree, although you can get away with a lot more with the wide angle view. Especially when it mounted on top of your head.

I've just ordered a Panasonic SD600 (£400 squid on Amazon) Full HD 1080p @ 50f/s and 14mp stills (3mp freeze frame stills) + remote The reviews and sample footage are awesome. Really looking forward to trying it out in the sky.

If anyone has any tips about using a camcorder from a PPG, would love the heads up. Thought about mounting it on top of a flight deck, so I can see what I'm filming.

Cheers

Dan

Hi Poz,

If your cutting down a bolt to size put a nut on it down to the level you want it to be grind or cut the exess off then when you take the nut off it will clean up the threads for you.

Hope that helps.

Cheers col.....

Tried it and it worked a treat.

Thanks for that Col.

So after much fiddling about I now have an attachment to convert my GoPro helmet mount to take a standard tripod camera thread (together with safety cord in case I f**ked up and don't know it yet :roll: )

Cheers

Dan

Funnily enough I've just made a knee mount for my camera this afternoon.

The swivel mount came from an old (very old) car mobile phone mount:

[attachment=0]Camera mount.jpg[/attachment]

Cheers, Alan

Neat solution Alan !

Look forward to seing some pics/video from your new KneeCam arrangement...

Andy