Which first time wing????

donegalwing

Hi All

I am about to take up paramotoring and havent a clue about which wing to buy, I had thought about a second hand wing to train but am being told that it would be better to buy the wing which I will use to fly and get comfortable with it on ground handling rather than change over to a new wing, which makes sense..

A wing which has been recommended to me is a Paramania revolution which apparently is a good allrounder.

Can anyone give me some feedback on this wing for a begineer with regard to training, flying, cost, trainer harness or different harness???? too many questions and not a clue what to look for!! :?

I would be very interested in anyones advice or comments

Regards

Dean

Hi,

Ok if your going for a reflex wing the two major players are Dudek and Paramania.

So then you can choose from

Dudek Synthesis or Reaction

Or the Paramania.

If non reflex.... you have hundreds to select from.

SW :D

My opinion is that unless you want to fly without the motor (hill soaring or thermalling) you would be best served with a reflex wing. They are much faster and very pitch stable when thrust is varied (throttling up and down). More so than non reflex wings. The downside is that they tend to have worse glides than paragliding wings so not so good for soaring.

assuming you are a motor man primarily - that makes the choice a Revolution or a Synthesis in my opinion and it then comes down to the best deal you can screw out of your supplier :D:D:D

Hi Dean,

I have been training with a Revolution all summer, definately reccomend only buying one wing and practicing with it as all wings have their own characteristics and the more you know your own wing, the faster you will learn. Even using a different size wing will make an amazing difference, we used to switch sizes when towing and a couple of extra meters really gives loads more lift.

Don't rush into it because if you get a training package you could get hundreds of the RRP from your school, and as per the above post there are even better bargains to be had second hand, worth picking up a training harness, Bailey Aviation do them for £50.

Good luck, take your time and fly safe

:D

Hi all

Thanks for your replies, looks like I need a reflex wing for a start, I have no idea about the classification of them, Dan I see you have a 26 and Norman you are selling a 30, whats the difference between the numbers on them??I weigh 95 kgs, how do I check what type suits me for my weight, can anyone recommend any websites where I can get a better insight into making my choice...

Merry Christmas to all,

hopefully I will meet up with a few of ye when I come accross for a few lessons...

on that note Simon how are we looking for a few lessons over hols... :D

Hi matey,

The weather is looking poor over the Xmas hol.

The misses and I are at Lands End on the 27th / 28th (during the time of most rain)

I would go for early new year if you can as this is looking OK ish (med range forcast)

Ref Wing, Once you have learned you can fly a few and decide then.

SW :D

Hi Dean,

you might want to consider the APCO THRUST HP. This is the reflex version of the acclaimed Thrust paramotor wing. I fly one and I would recommend it. I think Simon W might be able to get his hand on a demo, have a look at the APCOwebsite.