Jonnys Training Blog

jwmachon

Day 1

Exercise - Ground Handling

Arrived at a local fallow field at 11:00.

Got the wing and harness out of the car with my best mate Colin who I will be training with.

Colin already had a couple of hours with the paraglider so he set it all out for me and showed me how to get the glider to raise with "A" Line's etc.

Well after about 1 hour of failed attempts to get the glider in the air I gradually got used to the controls and what to expect from the glider and managed to get the glider above my head but still not used to the brakes I kept loosing control of the wing and it came crashing back down again my findings after this is due to not building a wall correctly and it was not raising in a straight fashion.

Well 3rd hour at the field arrived and the wind picked a little to about 6mph from the previous speed of 3mph and I was able to build the wall, raise the glider above my head and control it I was flying the glider yippeee.

I carried on doing the for about an hour, What else was good I was able to bring the glider down in a controlled fashion not like before where it went where it wanted I had it land exactly where I wanted it not all of the time but alot of the time.

On the 4th Hour we where getting the glider up kiting then turning round and running forward we could of ran for ages but tiredness was now kicking in and not any field left to run on.

On the 5th Hour of near constant handing we packed up and went home very tired and achey

Lessons learn't today:

Building a wall.

Getting glider above head with "A" Risers.

Weighshifting to ensure body was under the glider.

Controlling glider using brakes.

Turning round from reverse launch and running forward.

Getting the glider back down in a controlled fashion.

We are going to spend quite a bit more on the above few more hours.

What should we be practing next? Trev will probably tell us on Sunday lol.

If people are wondering if we are teaching ourselves we are not, We are just getting some ground handling time then we are going to Paramotor Pirates to do our proper training with Trev, hopefully we will be seeing him on sunday for a chat.

Day 2 of the blog hopefully wont be to far away.

Thanks for reading.

Jonny

On the 4th Hour we where getting the glider up kiting then turning round and running forward we could of ran for ages but tiredness was now kicking in and not any field left to run on.

On the day after I expect you have a few aches and pains in new places, you can add a few bruises to these when you start launch practice with the motor. Keep up the blog - very interesting to read, definately a good idea to get as much GH practice in as possible.