Fireworks night

Would you be interested in a fireworks night.  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a fireworks night.

• Yes
    • Yes please
    • I will be there

All,

Would there be enough interest to run another Fireworks night? The last one was a decent night and I know which fireworks to buy now :twisted::twisted:

All in favor say please hit the yes vote at the top of the page and bung your name in this thread.

It will be on or around the 5th of Nov again.

SW :D

• 3 weeks later...

OK all,

So there are 6 so far..

I am going to hold the night in the field outside of the back of my house and invite the locals (in the main to ensure they don't moan)

I am going to start the pot off with £200. (which is more than the total last time)

Are people happy to pay a tenner to bump it up a little more?

Just a little re-prompt....

Could the people who hit the yes vote above, please let me know if you would be happy to bung in a tenner to go towards the fireworks?

My misses has a contact at work and we have access to decent public fireworks for the price of the crap you buy from B&Q.

As I say, I will start the pot at £200. it would be nice to see this hit £400. :-) That would be an awesome display. :twisted:

It is of course bring a beer, and camping here is free if you want it.

Been a bit busy lately, a bit of Paramotoring, track day at Snetterton, a weekend on a sailing yacht and a weeks 'effective management' course in the Lake district. I need to remember that I am getting old! :D

I am hoping to pop down and 'catch up' on Sunday if that is okay with you. Might get up early and fly in if forecast is okay.

See you soon

Eddie

• 2 weeks later...

All,

I have just got back from the fireworks shop. I think it is fair to say that we will wipe the floor with last years display.

One of the many I just picked up, only just fits in a VW Bora!! And thats not a joke!. Non of the fireworks can by purchased in Tescos or the like, they are all public display standard and require a certain understanding to be used :-) They all come in Cat1 explosives mesh ( the same as real ammunition and pyrotechnics.!! )

We may also have a night glow, tethered Balloon to wave off Jamie's cloud hopper.

We have invited some people from the village as well ( so they cant moan ;-) )

So, the final details are,

Arrive by 18:00 (bring a bottle and some wood if you have any you need to get rid of.

Fireworks start at 19:00 ish.

Any more takers for this mini event? (hit the vote above)

All,

I have just got back from the fireworks shop. I think it is fair to say that we will wipe the floor with last years display.

One of the many I just picked up, only just fits in a VW Bora!! And thats not a joke!. Non of the fireworks can by purchased in Tescos or the like, they are all public display standard and require a certain understanding to be used :-) They all come in Cat1 explosives mesh ( the same as real ammunition and pyrotechnics.!! )

We may also have a night glow, tethered Balloon to wave off Jamie's cloud hopper.

We have invited some people from the village as well ( so they cant moan ;-) )

So, the final details are,

Arrive by 18:00 (bring a bottle and some wood if you have any you need to get rid of.

Fireworks start at 19:00 ish.

Any more takers for this mini event? (hit the vote above)

so its definately the 5th friday, not the 6th saturday?

All,

It pains me to say it, but the weather is looking completely pants for Friday and Saturday as far as fireworks are concerned.

SO....

WE HAVE MOVED THE DAY TO SUNDAY THE 7TH which is looking perfect for fireworks!!! :-)

Please confirm that you have read this message.