harness

ibbio

im curious were i would i buy a walkerjet harness, i know there was a walkerjet dealer but i think he has stoped..

the harness i have has no padding and no ajustment straps in the middle of ya back area, im not sure its right cos i feel very loose in the harness and in roudyish weather the machine moves about a lot,, because i have really only flown this machine im not 100% it should do what it does, so considering gettin a new harness that will feel tighter, then there may not be as much movement of the machine?

Hi, have you adjusted the lumbar straps (lower ones under the arms, that tighten the lower back of harness) ?

This harness does give a fairly 'loose' feel - especially if you are used to the support from a free flying harness - but is very comfortable in flight as there is no pressure from any of the straps when flying.

If you are fairly slim build it can feel like you are rattling round in rough air, as the frame is quite wide, but is totally secure. It is very easy to add a waist strap and 'ground handling straps' (which will hold it tighter to your back) - the 25mm webbing and buckles cost under £5 from ebay.

If you are very slim then you could add extra side padding or side impact protection pads (I may have some spare ones from another harness) but no need to change the harness. If you are in NW you could see mine or I may be able to take some photo's.

hello thankyou for the reply. the side straps have no ajustment on them so they are loose. I am slim build, what you say seems to fit with what i am experiencing, i would if possible like to see your machine.. you are not over at the flying with gabe this eve are you? over birch services? im on a number if any good 07518972211 ..

Hi, yes I'm flying tonight but I thought Gabe was launching from Paul's field (Manchester Paragliders site) which is about 10 miles West of Birch services on East Lanc's road. (unless the plan's changed & nobody's told me ....)

I'll be heading down there for about 5:30 - 6pm, and hopefully a flight up to Winter Hill - so you can check out the straps and any difference in harnesses then.

ETA - just learned the field Gabe invited us to IS next to Birch services so maybe see you there ?

That was a still from my helmet cam just before landing (on final glide to the field next to motorway) - about 35 minutes after official sunset - with only minutes to spare. By the time I had bundled the wing and walked back to the car you needed a torch to see.

The last 10 minutes went dark really fast as the sun set behind the hills, although it was not so bad in the air. Normally we fly on the West coast where you can safely land on the beach in low light well after sunset.

It was great to see the towns & motorways lit up, but slightly worrying whilst slogging back against a light headwind as powerlines would have been impossible to spot if we had been forced to make a landing short of the field ....