Next flying Date

Guest parajetsimon

All

Stuart & I will be at the field for 1030am this Saturday (15/12/07) if anyone would like to join us for a flight.

Kev, bring your kit mate, your going to quadrupple your flying time :D:D:D

We will be flying Sunday aswell weather permitting of course.

Pete you can come and watch :(

Hi Simon and all,

Yes will be there Saturday. Nice to meet you all for the first time last night. You struck me as a good down to earth bunch and that's a good start to make a really friendly, local club. Just read that Leicestershire is a stop off point for the Tip to Tip. If you need any help at the time, give me a shout.

See you Saturday.

Kev

Hi Simon, Stuart,

Thanks for your help today, pity the weather was not right, but enjoyed watching your land-out Simon. Hope I didn't mess up your plans to fly with Stuart. Sounds like he had a good trip. The set up is really good, and the fields you showed me round are perfectly located, nice and large, perfect for my heavily loaded Lancaster Bomber take-offs.

Cheers

Kev

Stuart hada 60 mile cross country flying from Measham close to Western Park south of Stoke on Trent. Fantastic achievement, well done bud :lol::lol::lol: .

It is amazing what half an hour does with the weather. When I launched it was about 12mph on the field but the shear layer kicked my a** and blew me backwards causing me to land out. No worries though guess that means both Stu and I did a cross country, Stu going for distance, but I was being clever and chose to do it flying backwards!!!!!! :shock::shock:

Nice to see you Kev, nice bit of kit that. We will try tomorrow weather permitting.

Pete, where were the bacon butties mate???

Stu where we going tomorrow? Wales? :D

Well the flying builder and I had two good flights skimming cloud base at 500ft today. Where was everyone? KEV? PETE?

The strobe was the db's, ive got the lights...... I think i will hang some baubles and tinsel on it now to make even more festive 8)

Only just seen the post. Been in a dark place for two days ( The loft fitting floor boards ) Just got to make room for my new black wing and motor. Only five weeks. Hope yours won't start !! Can't get Sat or Sun family chores, but the landing gear is on the mend !!

I'll give you a call in the near future

I will be flying this Sunday 30th Dec at Measham if anyone is thinking about it. Probably be there around 1030. Going to try my new silk thermals out that Sant bought me.

No sauce on my butties Pete.

Hi all,

Been out of action for a few days with some sort of virus. I will be there tomorrow with my gear. May not fly, but will at least sweat the rest of this crap out of me with a bit of ground handling.

Got the new throttle on - but the drill has been round it already! Show you tomorrow.

Bendme

P.S. Just had a call from Paddy. He would like to join us tomorrow. The more the merrier.

Hi Simon. I know you don't like running to take off. But I think with today's wind, It's a bit enthusiastic. I bet you will not be doing an upwind leg. A good chance to have a good go at the "Backward take off ". weather looks a bit unsettled for the next week.

How about a group hug at the pub ?

The group hug goes without saying Pete... Make mine a BASS... Hey Simon W has T shirts, I reckon we should have our own beer glasses instead, what do you think? :lol:

It will be perefct 3-5mph westerleys, these gales are just blowing the rubbish away so that it is silky smooth for us tomorrow...... trust me.... (who was that weahther man again :shock: )

I am looking forward to meeting Paddy from the Derbys club. Everyone else is welcome of course. Can you remember what colour your Glider is still Pete? :lol::lol::lol: (only joking)

The group hug goes without saying Pete... Make mine a BASS... Hey Simon W has T shirts, I reckon we should have our own beer glasses instead, what do you think? :lol:

I will get you some done :D Leave it with me, I know a man......

SW :D

Good idea, Black hawk beer glasses, perhaps we can have a beer gauge that is audible. to remind you to fill it for me ( with beer ).

Hope you have a good flight on Sunday. my forecast is for rain. Can you send me photo's of you taking off backwards with 20 gallons of water in your wing. Chance to try the anti stall to the limit ??