Noob in Norfolk. Where's my nearest instructor?

Hi all.

I've been lurking the last few days, reading training blogs and looking at kit for sale. I learnt about paramotoring a few years back after seeing a documentary and thought "I'd like a crack at that." then paramotoring slowly drifted out of my brain. Fast forward a few years and for some unknown reason I can't stop thinking about paramotoring (I done the same with motorcycles and pulled my finger out and got it done).

I plan to start training in spring 2011 and buy a budget setup shotly after.

Where's my nearest trainer?

Hi all.

I've been lurking the last few days, reading training blogs and looking at kit for sale. I learnt about paramotoring a few years back after seeing a documentary and thought "I'd like a crack at that." then paramotoring slowly drifted out of my brain. Fast forward a few years and for some unknown reason I can't stop thinking about paramotoring (I done the same with motorcycles and pulled my finger out and got it done).

I plan to start training in spring 2011 and buy a budget setup shotly after.

Where's my nearest trainer?

Dont know where your nearest trainer is, but, why not start training now? The winter offers somes smooth air for your first flights. Then you might be more ready for the thermals which you're more likely to encounter in the spring.

If you have the money for a budget set-up, you might be able to borrow £1500 to add to it, and get yourself some really good gear with better performance, safety , reliability. You'd fly more and really enjoy the sport.

Dont know where your nearest trainer is, but, why not start training now?

I have no spare cash at the moment, all my money is going towards a house deposit which I hope to move into by the end of the year/early next year. Once in the new house I plan to save for training and some cheap gear (if this exists).

I've had a PM saying try Mike Chillvers http://www.fly4fun.com anyone had any experience of him?

Hi.

Cobra,

I live very near Halesworth (couple of miles south)... and would be interested in finding some more local pilots! I think I may have seen your mate flying around - its probably him who first bought paramotoring to my attention. If you could point him in my direction that would be great!

Big Kingy,

I didn't train in the area so I'm afraid I can't help you with that. But its good to hear there are a few more pilots in this area than originally seemed to be the case! Good luck with your training.

Cheers,

Geoff.

Hi.

Big Kingy,

I didn't train in the area so I'm afraid I can't help you with that. But its good to hear there are a few more pilots in this area than originally seemed to be the case! Good luck with your training.

Cheers,

Geoff.

It's good that a few seem to be creeping out of the woodwork. I thought there'd be nobody around here as there's no club listed in the 'Regional Clubs' section.

BigPAPa

I live in Halesworth and work in Yarmouth. I have not flown in Halesworth so it isnt me you have seen flying around. I have seen this guy fly over my house and he has the same wing as me.

Mike Chilvers trained me at Northrepps and got me off the ground pretty quickly.

If I can help you at all then let me know. I am trying to get some local launch and landing sites establihed so I don't have the 1 and 3/4 hour trek to Northrepps.

Nick

Big_Kingy! I'm another that has been "Chilly trained"! I'm not far from you either, just up the road near Hemsby.

Cannot fault Chilly's training skills and professional attitude to this sport. Would be good to see you at Northrepps.

As per previous replies, you could start ground handling now with a ground handling wing off eBay (circa £50 - £150), and get yourself ahead of the game. Just have to keep your eye open for them.

Cheers for now!

Mike.

As per previous replies, you could start ground handling now with a ground handling wing off eBay (circa £50 - £150), and get yourself ahead of the game. Just have to keep your eye open for them.

Cheers for now!

Mike.

Cheers, I hadn't thought of that, I shall scawer ebay.